• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Adobe Flash certificate revoked?

Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer refuses to download Adobe Flash on the account of it being 'untrustworthy', and that it's 'certificate authentication failed'. Why is this? Why has the certificate been revoked and how can I undo it? Can someone help please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Turns out I've managed to work out how to fix it! On the internet, I went to Tools - Internet Options - Content - Publishers - Untrusted Publishers and removed Adobe from the list. I then downloaded Adobe from the direct link (just to be sure) that Chris posted. I don't know how on Earth it became untrusted but at least its sorted now! A big thank you to everyone who tried to help - I hope this post solves the problem for someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved the discussion to Flash Player Forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice Chris, but this still doesn't solve my problem. My computer insists that Adobe Flash is 'Not Trusted' and refuses to downlload it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen or heard of such a message; can you post a screenshot of that?

What, b.t.w., is your operating system and version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat. Here is a picture of the message I recieve when trying to download flash normally:

Capture 486.PNG

And here is a picture of the message I recieve when I used the direct link Chris Campbell suggested in his post (I've only blocked out my name):IMG_1120.JPG

As you requested, I'm running a 64-Bit operating system with Windows 7 Home Premium. I encountered this problem once before, the last time I had to update flash, but managed to work around it somehow. This time though, I just can't find a way to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2012 Jul 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to run the installer from an Administrator account?

If yes, and the message still appears, can you check if there is anything in the Local Security Policy (Software Restriction Policies or Application Control Policies) that blocks the installer?  (Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Local Security Policy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the administrator, and so I've tried to follow your advice. However, I couldn't find anything directly called 'Local Security Policy' or any of the other things you mentioned. I did however, find myself tring to import the adobe flash player policy in the windows firewall with advanced security. But much to my dismay, this message appeared:

Capture 486.PNG

Alas, I have been a few days without flash. I hope someone can help soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2012 Jul 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lazlo989 wrote:

I couldn't find anything directly called 'Local Security Policy' or any of the other things you mentioned.

Can you try locating it via Start button, then type Local Security Policy into the search field.

It must be something in there; I don't know where else it could be blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Pat, but I still can't find it. When I type in 'Local Security Policy' into the seach field you specified, I recieve a load of Word documents about iPad, iPhone and iPod licences. As I posted before, the only thing about policies that I could find was in the windows firewall and advanced security to which I recieved the message I posted before when trying to import adobe flash. Do you know why the certificate is revoked, or why my laptop classifies it as 'Not Trusted'? I know I haven't done it on purpose by myself, so I wonder why it has gone that way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out I've managed to work out how to fix it! On the internet, I went to Tools - Internet Options - Content - Publishers - Untrusted Publishers and removed Adobe from the list. I then downloaded Adobe from the direct link (just to be sure) that Chris posted. I don't know how on Earth it became untrusted but at least its sorted now! A big thank you to everyone who tried to help - I hope this post solves the problem for someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the feedback; glad you got it resolved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines