• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown problem

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2012 Jun 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting "Unknown problem" if I try to launch my project. It happens two or three times a day.

If it happens I usually clean all projects and restart Flash Builder 4.6 and it works again.

Is there any way to fix that problem permanently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be similar with the problem described here:  http://www.newyyz.com/ntgsite/2012/03/fixing-unknown-problem-in-adobe-flash-builder/

In my case it happens every 2 hours and it's getting annoying

I can provide logs etc.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping the post, this is very annoying. If you have a workspace with multiple dependencies then this error starts to happen each 20 minutes. To resolve it you need to restart flash builder and only then clean your project. Simple cleaning without IDE restarting doesn't help.

BTW, I noticed that this error starts to appear when Flash Builder's heap size reaches maximum - see screenshot at:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/4650/unknownerror.png

(I increased heap limit to 1024M in eclipse.ini:   -Xmx1024m).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of "fixed" it by using the 64 bit version of Flash Builder 4.7 and setting the xmx to 2048. But it's not really a solution. Maybe the new compiler does fix it but unfortunately I can't use it since it doesn't support mxml yet. But I'm looking forward to the new way to compile mxml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me about every 20 minutes as well and is extremely aggravating. Is Adobe working on fixing this? It really screws up my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines