• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advance Scheduling support is not available in this edition of ColdFusion server

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have ColdFusion 10 standard edtition and just want to create a standard scheduled task with a Monthly interval or Weekly interval, how can I do that, keep getting the error above! And I really don't hope I need Enterprise edition for this simple task, it worked like a charm in CF 7 that we are upgrading to. Any workaround or hotfix?

//Regards

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment this functionality isn't in Standard. The CF team have

acknowledged this is a bug and it will be fixed in the first updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a bug ref for that, Andy?

Cheers mate.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3194817

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug says 'fixed', but i don't see any hotfixes available.

Any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No fixes have been offered for 10 yet, so sadly, this problem remains. No word yet on when any may come, at least that I know of.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy said it would be fixed in the first updater.   Let's hope it's a lot sooner than that.   Seems to me this issue would make CF10 Standard pretty much unusable for a production environment.   It does for us, anyway.    And for the previous two versions (CF8 and CF9) I think Adobe has released a grand total of one updater for each version over the products' lifetime, versus how many updates for Flash since version 11?   

Not good, Adobe.  A bug of this magnitude should be given a higher priority and a hotfix issued ASAP, instead of making us wait for it to come out with 37 other minor fixes in an Updater package. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I surly hope this will come out soon, cause as David stated, this can't be run in an production environment, so we have a releas of our intranet end of september and I guess I have to keep our old CF7 up and running to handle the tasks for now. But really Adobe should offer those people that need this the full Enterprise version until they fix this issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news if you guys had not heard it: the hotfix did come out Friday.

http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-10-update-1-10-0-1-released

While it doesn’t mention scheduled tasks in that blog entry, and it mentions several other task issues in the technote but NOT this issue of recurring scheduled tasks, I’m pretty sure it was fixed in this hotfix. Hope someone on this thread (with a Standard license key) may have a chance to test and report back.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to install the hotfix tomorrow.  I'll report back if someone else does not confirm before i'm done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better news: the fix for this IS included in the new updater.

I just realized I was mistaken in saying that it wasn’t clear if it was. It is indeed listed. The problem is that on both the blog entry and the technote, it refers to “scheduled job” rather than “scheduled task”. Oddly, in the technote, it refers to scheduled task several times, and scheduled job just this once, when it lists as an included fix:

3194817 (ColdFusion 10 Standard Edition only) Can't create recurring scheduled jobs.

But sure, Mike, if you confirm it from experience I’m sure many would appreciate hearing it.

/charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is preventing us from updating from 9 to 10 Standard. On Win 2003 we installed CF10 but did NOT run migration wizard yet. We manually installed update 1, then update 9 from the jar files. Then ran migration wizard. Scheduled tasks not imported. Log file says "Advance scheduling support is not available in this edition of ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can try these steps.

First take the backup of this file from CF 10 server. Go to "ColdFusion10\cfusion\lib" and search for an xml file "neo-cron.xml" copy it somewhere as a backup.

Now stop the ColdFusion 10 server and go to ColdFusion9\lib and copy this neo-cron.xml and paste to the "ColdFusion10\cfusion\lib"

Restart the ColdFusion 10 server and login and check if you have the scheule task in there or not.

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to work successfully. Yay. At the bottom of the Scheduled Tasks page in admin, under cluster setup heading is this error:

Variable DSNVALUE is undefined.

The error occurred in scheduletasks.cfm: line 749
Called from scheduletasks.cfm: line 289
Called from scheduletasks.cfm: line 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace the end of neo-cron.xml with

<boolean value='false'/><string></string><string>log,txt</string></array></data></wddxPacket>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fixed the "Variable DSNVALUE is undefined." error I was getting in CF Admin on scheduled tasks page. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK..

What is the timeframe for that update? Any ide?

//Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation