• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open .ai illustrator files in CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having problems opening several illustrator files, and pasting a vector from illustrator CS6 to fireworks CS6.

If I try to open an .ai file that I normally would open just fine in fireworks CS5.x I get an error that says:

"

Could not open the file.

An internal error occured

"

If i try to copy in Illustrator CS6, then paste to fireworks nothing happens.

This is occuring with multiple files, that are small in size, even selecting simple vectors and pasting is not working.

I tried creating a new file in Illustrator, pasting the shape from the other file, saving it, then working with that file in Fireworks, still does not work.

I tried rebooting.

12.0.0.236 , windows 7 ultimate x64, i7, ssd, etc..

Thanks,

Arthur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right there with you bro. I have the 64bit illustrator and i think the 32 bit fireworks, if that makes any difference. For me, now illustrator and fireworks are incompatible... help anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one with the same problem. I was able to open an AI file in Fireworks from Bridge, but it was a one time thing. Can't repeat it anymore. Oh, Adobe, why did you break something, that worked so well in the past... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested with a few .ai files, and I was able to open them fine in FW CS6. I was also able to copy between the two apps.

I'm on Windows 7 64 as well.

Can you share one of the files where you are having the issue?

Also, when you're pasting, does it fail when you use Edit > Paste, or just keyboard shortcut?

Can you paste into some other app from Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carey, thanks for the response.

Ok so interestingly I am home now, I was able to get this to work just fine on my laptop with the same os. I had cs5.5 from my subscription installed on both, then last night i uninstallted that on both, and installed all the apps from creative cloud.

When I try it here I dont have the larger fireworks png available to paste into but I rdp'd back ot my office and tried with a blank document importing a logo it failed, so I dont think it is with the document I am trying to import into as it doesnt work with a blank file at my office.

I am sharing a file that I am having a problem working with. http://dev.rofsky.com/debug/Grad.ai

It failes when i use edit paste, and keyboard shortcuts, as well as import from the file menu. It doesnt even pop up the window that asks you about import options.

I have no problem pasting the same item into photoshop.

This laptop that it works on is a dell e6420 with intel onboard graphics, the workstation has a evga gtx 460 . not sure if that would make much of a difference?

Both computers are good hardware, genuine os and software all around with all service packs and updates installed.

I tried working with the same file from a network drive and the desktop of the workstation.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2012 May 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carey, this is still a major problem and inconvienience for me, can you please help?

What info do you need from my system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2014 Nov 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my mac pro laptop to Yosemite. now Illustrator CS6 will not open.

It asks me to install legacy Java SE6 runtime, I've done that and Illustrator is still a no go.

This is on a Mac Pro retina display laptop OS X Yosemite 10.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here is what I've found. I created a doc in AI and FW, each with a single red box (created with each app). I can go from FW to AI, but not AI to FW.

Using the command menus or shortcut keys makes no difference. In FW, the 'Paste' mene item is available, but nothing happens whan it is clicked.

FWIW, I created the same sort of doc with Paint, and it copys/pastes fine between both applications.

Also, in AI, after clicking 'new document', and before the document options dialog opens, I get an error/confirmation dialog ehich says "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [CANT]".

Upon clicking 'OK', it goes about it's business as if nothings wrong. Don't know if that's in any way related...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problems, what the heck is going on?

Being able to copy and past from Illustrator into Fireworks was half the reason I used Fireworks, get it sorted Adobe.

6GB RAM, Windows 7 64....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue as well. I had an entire website designed mostly in Illustrator and upgraded from CS5.5 Production to CS6 Master Collection specifically to use Fireworks. Now I'm feeling that money would have been much better spent elsewhere. What a disappointment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to open AI files, and File > Save As Photoshop in FW CS6 with no issue yet. Likewise, drag and drop as well as copy/paste are both working for me, AI - FW. I'm on a MacBookPro running Snow Leopard.

I have alerted the engineers to this thread. It would be helpful for them to know your OS and version  (each of you) as well as what other apps - if any - are running when you experience these issues. The more details the better. And ideally, report the issue and all the details to the wishlist. Bugs or issues submitted via the wishlist are logged and read. This is a user to user forum, so it is not regularly monitored by Adobe staff.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, I wasn't aware of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim, I have just filled in that online form so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

Just a note regarding the wishform. Your detailed input on that form is importantant and I really appreicate you taking the time to help make Fireworks a better product. So thank you for filing these bugs.

Keep in mind that even though one person may have indicated they filed the bug, you should also file your own bug on the issue if you are experiencing problems. This reporting makes the engineers aware of how prevalent the issue is and helps to prioritize which bugs get addressed first. Yes, I know, in an ideal world, they'd ALL be marked as high priority, but that's seldom the case with anything. Squeeky wheel gets the grease, etc...

Also, filing the bug doesn't necessarily mean you will personally hear from the engineering team. This is a quote from the form itself:

>>We normally do not send personal replies to feature requests or bug reports. We do, however, read each and every message. We use the information to improve our products and services. Your comments, suggestions, and ideas for improvements are very important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to send us this information.<<

That said, I'm making an effort to bring these threads to the attention of the FW team, and if I hear anything myself, I'll be sure to let you know.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just filled out the form, experiencing the same problem. I have a set of EPS and AI files that open fine in Fireworks CS5, but not in Fireworks CS6. Running 32-bit Windows 7.

This issue needs to be addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still nothing on this problem?

I'm really struggling with this issue, I'm only days away from downgrading back to CS5!

Can Adobe at least just announce there is NO FIX, rather than no information at all, I mean... come on!

And yes I filled out the feedback/wishform/support form with all the info they need. I'm on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've alerted the FW team about this thread again. I'm wondering if the issue lies on the Illustrator side, but I can't say for sure, either way.

FYI regarding the wishform. The wishform is a bug logging mechanism only; it doesn't mean anyone from Adobe will reach out to you directly. In fact, it states as much on the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for keeping up with this.

At my office, we've found that Illustrator 5.5 can still paste into FW CS6, leading us to believe that it's a change in how AI CS6 handles clipboard data(?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to open older Illustrator files with FW CS6, without success. I think it's definitely a Fireworks problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I have not had an issue, but I'm running on a Mac, and from the posts here, others can use earlier versions of AI. Maybe we're narrowing it down to a Windows issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard (or better: read) about Mac users having the same issue. Is the Fireworks dev team busy with FW CS7 or could they spare a minute, looking at this problem...? We can only hope so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking into this issue.Some specific pattern of installing Fireworks CS6 and Illustrator CS6 seems to be the cause as we see no compatiblity issues for some users/machines.We are investigating this issue further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need information, or users testing things, let me know, I will support you as good as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I had the same issue as the others on this post. I found a solution:

1. The problem seems to be related with APPLE QUICKTIME installation. So if you have quicktime installed, just uninstall it and everything will works fine again: you can import your .ai files to fireworks.

2. This worked for me: I tried to reinstall quicktime (because I use After Effects) and everything are still working.

3. In case you don't use after effects try to download k-lite codec pack as an alternative to quicktime

Hopefully it helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines