• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Myriad Arabic problem

Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting a message here in the hope that someone in a position to do something about my problem might read it. Nearly 2 weeks ago we purchased Myriad Arabic Semibold. When I download it I get Myriad Arabic Bold. I started a chat session with an Adobe rep and they said I need to call customer service, which I did, and they then opened a support case 0208733923. The response in that was that the font we have is semibold but it's called bold, and they closed the case. I think the reason they think that is that the Adobe store for Myriad Arabic Semibold does indeed say

Postscript File Name:
MyriadArabic-Bold

MAC Menu Name:
Myriad Arabic Bold

Windows/PC Menu Name:
Myriad Arabic Bold + bold style

However for Myriad Arabic Bold it says

Postscript File Name:

MyriadArabic-Semibold

MAC Menu Name:

Myriad Arabic Semibold

Windows/PC Menu Name:

Myriad Arabic Semibold 

So it seems your system has got Semibold and Bold confused. I double-checked the Myriad Arabic "SemiBold" we downloaded with the Myriad Arabic Bold that comes with CS6 and they are indeed the same fonts. I rang customer service again, who opened another case 208751283 and asked me to outline the problem again, which I did, but the response was to tell me to contact technical support as it's a technical problem and close the case. I've spent around an hour today on the phone trying to get through to someone again without success.

The result of all this is that nearly 2 weeks after the original order and hours of my time we still don't have the product we ordered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Peter,

I apologise for the poor customer support experience you were provided. I'm a member of Adobe's Type Development team and we have confirmed that this was a glitch on our end. Therefore I'm sorry for the troubles you had to go through, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I would like to get this problem fixed for you ASAP. Could you please send me a private message with a phone number I can call you on? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I tried to call technical support again as I was instructed to do, and after waiting around 20 minutes for someone to answer, the call was disconnected. I can't exactly call this first class customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

I apologise for the poor customer support experience you were provided. I'm a member of Adobe's Type Development team and we have confirmed that this was a glitch on our end. Therefore I'm sorry for the troubles you had to go through, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I would like to get this problem fixed for you ASAP. Could you please send me a private message with a phone number I can call you on? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines