• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RHCL not picking up TOC or index

Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We've been using RoboHTML 9.0.2 for our documentation. We are linking to our legacy word documents, and generating webhelp from those. This has been working fine.

We are not looking at scripting the process. We are trying to use RHCL from the command line to update the webhelp nightly. The problem is that the index and the TOC is not being included in the generated file.

I created a quick test project with all of our normal settings, and it works fine from the RoboHTML gui. When I indicated that I wanted to import the TOC and the index from the work document, I was prompted to input a new name for each. Thus for the Index I have an empty auto-generated index with the same name as the project ("Demo_Wrapper"), which was originally marked as default. I have another index, which has the name that I gave ("DW_Ind"). This Index is up-to-date, and full of the correct information. I have a similar setup for the table of contents.

We can't figure out why everything is fine in the script-generated webhelp apart from these aspects. For example, the skin is copied across properly.

Any help is more than welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Hello Steve,

You can follow these steps :

1) Open RobohelpHTML and double click on the output which you want to generate from RHCL (Launch Robohelp HTML 9 -> Under Single Source Layout Pod -> Double Click on WebHelp)

2) Webhelp Settings window will appear, under Content Categories choose your Default content

3) Choose your Index & TOC from Drop Down Menu and save the changes

4) Generate WebHelp output from RHCL command, TOC and Index should appear this time

Note : Assuming you are generating WebHelp

Ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve,

You can follow these steps :

1) Open RobohelpHTML and double click on the output which you want to generate from RHCL (Launch Robohelp HTML 9 -> Under Single Source Layout Pod -> Double Click on WebHelp)

2) Webhelp Settings window will appear, under Content Categories choose your Default content

3) Choose your Index & TOC from Drop Down Menu and save the changes

4) Generate WebHelp output from RHCL command, TOC and Index should appear this time

Note : Assuming you are generating WebHelp

Hope this helps !!

Thanks.

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

Yes, that did it. Thanks!!

Can I ask why this is picked up from the SSL, but not when I've marked my created index/toc as default in the project manager?

Thanks again,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

When you generate WebHelp ouput from RHCL command, it check for TOC and Index which are saved on the SSL.

I got this same issue, about 6 months ago and what I found that when "default" is selected for TOC and Index, RHCL does not pick that and when you manually select your TOC, Index and save it, RHCL picks that.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp