6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 7:04 AM by Sachin Hasija RSS

How to adjust Header and Footer Guides

Coopers Concessions

Hello all,

I've just started going through the tutorials and learning Muse.  I've come to "adjusting the header and footer guides"..??  Seems that I can adjust the bottom of the footer and the top of the header, but I can't seem to be able to adjust the top of the footer and the bottom of the header..??  What am I missing....please help..??

Anthony

• 1. Re: How to adjust Header and Footer Guides
          jgrummel Adobe Employee

The way Muse is set up, it has you doing all of your adjusting of the header and footer in the Master Page so that all of the pages have the same size header and footer

Hope this helps!

Julia

• 2. Re: How to adjust Header and Footer Guides
            Coopers Concessions Community Member

Hi Julia,

I found it last night.  Unfortunately I didnt see the "Master Page" at the bottom of my site map.  I use a magnification software because I am legally blind, so I only see about 25% of the page at a time and some of the screen gets lost or hidden at times.  I will be spending a little more time trying to follow along with the video tutorials on Adobe TV to bring me more up to speed.

Thanks again for your reply, I'm sure I will have more questions.  Sometimes it such a time savor to be pointed in the right direction than for me to spend days hunting around in the tutorials and help files to find simple solutions like this one.  My apologies my confusion.  Thanks again for your time.

Sincerely,

Anthony Cooper

Cooper's Concessions & Cafe Services

Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration

500 W. Temple St.

Los Angeles, CA 90012

213.448.7898 Cell

213.629.8386 2nd Fl Snack Bar/Office

213.620.7071 3rd Fl Deli

"Serving you is not just our business, it is our pleasure."-

• 3. Re: How to adjust Header and Footer Guides
              jgrummel Adobe Employee

No problem at all! It's a little confusing at first, so that's what the forums are for! Feel free to let me know if you need any help! Also, if you go to adobekb.com there are step-by-step tutorials you can do that might help the learning process! Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Regards,

Julia

• 4. Re: How to adjust Header and Footer Guides
                Coopers Concessions Community Member

awsome...thanks Julia..!!

• 5. Re: How to adjust Header and Footer Guides
                  jazzaphone420

I have this same problem. 
                  It says "to adjust the header size on your page, go to master page and drag this guide down."

-- the whole issue being that I'm on the master page when it's telling me that.  What the hell!

• 6. Re: How to adjust Header and Footer Guides
                    Sachin Hasija Adobe Employee

Hello,

Is it specific to your file? Could you please create a new test website on Muse and try and adjust the header/footer size on it's Master page.

Please let us know if you get the same error on the new test file as well. And could you please provide a sceenshot of Muse when the error is on the screen?

Regards,

Sachin