• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me - Adobe doesn't.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even the Help Man in INDIA hung up on me this morning. Elements 10 on my lap-top will not open so I loaded it onto my pc. It works well but will not save in jpeg. The saved file but the icon is plain white and will not open and when I check its properties it is in a File format not jpeg. Adobe phone help did get me to save it in Windows Photo Viewer but that does not really help. I need it in jpeg and I want to see which photo it is before I open it. Can anyone advise me what to do, please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File associations have nothing to do with Adobe software. Something on your system is ruining that stuff and if it's that severe, you may need to reinstall your operating system or at least spend some time manualyl editing your file associations - whichever is simpler or quicker.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply but I cannot believe it is my operating system. Adobe Element wont open on my laptop but it works on my pc. I have hundreds of photos on my pc which I work with on other programs and they can be saved in any format I choose. They do as they are told but it is only the photos which have been edited in Element 10 which sometimes (not often- 1 out of 10) save normally and in the format I choose but the majority save as File which I cannot do anything with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rumplebum wrote:

The saved file but the icon is plain white and will not open and when I check its properties it is in a File format not jpeg.

Then what is the saved file format?  Doesn't give the Save panel the option to select the file format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Save panel definitely does give the option to select the file format. When I get there I select the jpeg format and click on save and when I look, the file is saved (the front of it is plain white - can't see the photo and can't open it) so I check out the properties and that is when I can see the saved file format is File.

At the risk of being unbelievable, that file format does change. I have one on my desktop that says:

Type of file:   RED File (.red)    (I did have the word red in the title?)

Opens with:   Windows Shell Common  (?never heard of it)

When I look into some of the Properties they do not have an "Open with" option.

I have been sitting here at the computer since 8.30am.....I am so confused! Thanks for your interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you are on Windows, can you try a repair install of Elements from Add/Remove Programs?

There is also the possibility of malware; have you checked your system for malware?  If something starts acting so strangely, then there is always that possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your suggestions Pat. You have given me something to try. I am grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you right click on the file and choose Rename, then add ".jpeg" without quotes to the end of the file name does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines