• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[CS6] DV - Bad output quality

Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2012 Jun 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with DV output quality in Premiere CS6 6.0.1.

Nonrendered  and rendered video looks the same on external monitor - blurish.

- Mercury Software only

- DV PAL sequence

- DV AVI video + Premiere title

There is also bigger delay than with CS5.5 with outputing through firewire. It takes about a second to update image on external monitor after clicking on different part of the timeline.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add some more info:

- Windows 7 x64 SP1 + all updates

- GTX 460 1GB with 301.42 drivers

- Sony HVR M15E recorder

- Tried with or without Mercury HW

- Tried with regular and legacy firewire drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG Export to Tape also does not work.

Machine is recording but timeline is not playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answer on catastrophic DV support in CS6?

I'm forced to go back to old and great CS 5.5 if there is no any solution or patch planned for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>solution or patch planned

You need to tell the Adobe engineers https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2012 Jun 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Told them and I'm going back to 5.5.

CS3 - nice

CS4 - slow

CS5 - great

CS6 - nice ideas, bad implementation (unfinished work?)

CS7 (or maybe CS 6.5) may probably come as what CS6 needed to be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is more...

You have nice graohic card and you are able to use hardware accelerated playback.

Timeline is playing fine, without any rendering required.

You now want to export this to tape, but... it first renders yellow areas.

Why this?

As I said previously it will not export to tape anyway. Machine goes recording but timeline is not playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AC,

Make sure that you've selected and setup the Adobe DV playback preference under Edit > Preferences > Playback. This should help resolve the export to tape problem. Make sure to report back if it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mitch,

Playback settings are in default state, I've only enabled "Adobe DV":

dvout.png

I've tried changing these options but always the same results: machine is recording but CTI stays at the beggining of the timeline.

There is no option to choose External Device for Export as we had it in previous versions. Is this OK?

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/attachments/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/26658d1336410913-cant-export-tape-dv-settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. There is no external device option as in previous versions. This is now handled as part of the transmit feature and is selected in the playback prefs. If you are using a combination DV/HDV device, make sure to go into the device's menu settings and select DV as the VCR mode. If the device is set to Auto or HDV, it won't properly detect the incoming signal. Once you tell it what to expect, it should work correctly. Make sure you've setup the DV Device Control options for your device (also under preferences). With the device connected and powered on, the device control options should show the device status as "online".  Now choose File > Export > Tape and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set it to DV, and device is properly recognized by the software (status: online).

I can capture, output is working, and machine starts recording when exporting to tape, but timeline stays at zero.

I'll post later some pictures and videos of what happens when switching between the sequences or program/source monitors. Signal is lost for a second and there is a delay while updating picture on external monitor (while moving CTI).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on why with CPU rendering DV output looks the same either if rendered or not (blurish)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short video clip where you can see what happens when switching between the sequences:

http://videobam.com/AOtFK

Same happens when switching between the sequence and the source monitor.

I've also taken some pictures to show output quality differences between GPU and CPU rendering but unfortunately they are hard to notice on the images... SW is blurred, HW sharper.

WP_000858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks logical, since hardware MPE always uses maximum quality and software MPE does not by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AC, from your screenshot you've selected Adobe DV as one of your Video Devices for transmit, but have you also selected it as your Audio Device?  This is similar to the "External Device Audio" setting for DV playback in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harm,

Sure, but the problem is unchanged output quality after rendering in SW mode.

Add clip, add title > red line, blurred image on the external monitor

Hit Enter to render > green line, but no any changes in output, stays blurred

Hi Zac,

I've switched from Desktop to DV Audio too and I have no problems with A/V sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AC,

Great, so during Export to Tape, the CTI is moving now right?

If you want to turn on the setting Harm suggests for comparable settings in Software mode, go to Sequence > Sequence Settings, and under Video Previews, choose Maximum Render Quality.  Then try recomparing.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I try... it renders audio, then rewinds the tape to defined timecode, then goes recording, but timeline sleeps. I only haven't tried to export with Assemble deactivated. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know what happens.

I don't need maximum render quality. My problem is not difference between HW and SW Mercury but rendered quality in SW mode, which is completely the same as nonrendered.

CS5.5 is great in all of this on the same hardware, with the same settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to Tape works when "Assemble at timecode" is deactivated.

However when I enable this option timeline won't play while machine starts recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admiral Cook,

I agree with your finding.  PP6.01 doesn't roll the timeline when "Assemble at timecode" is checked.

My VTR's will go into REC mode but no data is coming into the machine via firewire("No input" error message on SONY DSR-1500A), Premiere timeline does not play as VTR is recording. 

Unchecking the Assemble edit option, deck records, timeline plays, data is output via firewire.

I have the same results on SONY DSR-1500A, DSR-45 and DSR-11 tape machines.

Using the same hardware and PP project file/settings works under PP5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks AC and Paul@NYN, we've opened up bug #3286805 and our QE will do some further investigation.  We appreciate you providing your deck model info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac,

Glad to hear QE is going to be looking into this.  I had to go back to 5.5 for output today.  Lucky for me they were easy timelines to recreate.

There's some details I didn't include in my bug report, can you see that QE gets the following additional info(or is there a way to append to an existing bug report?). 

- Once the "Assemble at timecode" option is attempted and fails, any subsequent record attempts fail as well.  Until I toggle off/on the Adobe DV Video Device in the Preferences/Playback dialog.

- This bug issue occurs whether MPE is in Hardware or Software mode( I'm using a Quadro 4000).

- From this User's point of view it seems that, in Assemble mode, the application is not properly "seeing" a record acknowledgement from the deck, it's just sitting there waiting to roll the queued timeline.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2012 Jul 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the updates.

Btw I'm using Sony HVR M15E.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually missed quoted one of my VTR models, the DSR-11 is actually a HVR-M15U(I tell PP it's a DSR-11 in the device config.).  FWIW, at least we are seeing the issue in both PAL & NTSC worlds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update again.

Same model, different TV standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines