Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quiz Results Page - Review Button Action

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All,

Does anybody know if there is a way to access the variables/actions that are associated with the retake/review buttons on the quiz review page?

For example, I would love to be able to do something like this: assign cpCmndReviewQuiz 1. That would lock-in the last answers selected on the quiz and navigate back to the first quiz question.  This is the same behavior as the quiz review button on the Captivate-generated review page.

Alternatively, I would like to know if there is a way to lock the quiz so the last set of responses are frozen.

Oh, BTW - captivate 6.. Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No system variables are available for Review status, sorry. Have a look at all Quizzing system variables (Project, variables, category Quizzing).

What you are asking for, frozen questions, is exactly the state of the questions during Review. What is wrong that you seem to want something else? You can change the text on the Review button if you wish.

I suppose that I do not get your question at all. Perhaps if you explain better.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

I would like to develop a 'custom' quiz review screen.  Unfortunately, there are very limited options as to what you can add to the 'stock' review page. For example, you can neither add a button, nor change the behavior of the buttons that are generated with that page. It would be nice if I could add a 'print certificate' button when the learner passes the exam.

When developing my own 'custom' review page, I ran into some interesting behavior.

I setup a quiz and allowed the learner 3 attempts to pass the quiz:

• Using the 'stock' review page: If the learner passes the quiz in under 3 attempts, then clicks the review button, the learner is returned to the first quiz question, and they can review their responses to each quiz question.  Their responses are locked, and cannot be changed.
  • Using my 'custom' review page: I placed 'review' button on the final slide of the course. The button simply shows the navigation bar, unlocks TOC, then returns the learner to the first quiz question.  If the learner passes the quiz in under 3 attempts, then clicks this 'custom' review button, they are taken back to the first quiz question.  The only problem is that the learner's responses aren't indicated, like when you press the 'stock' review button.  The quiz and all of the responses are reset.

Anyway, it would be nice to know if there is a way to mimic the behavior of the 'stock' review button, but it doesn't sound like it's possible.

Thanks - hope my post makes some sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Lieve said, there is no way to use Captivate variables or Advanced Actions to trigger the Review Mode or mimic the actions of the buttons on the Quiz Results slide.

If you think this would be a good idea, please log an enhancement request with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rod thank you for confirming, I will certainly log an enhancement request.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are living in different time zones, hence my late reply.

I have been blogging a lot about custom question slides, quizzes and this is indeed possible if you do not mind a lot of work because you'll have to replace the default quiz slides with custom ones. Here are some links to the articles I wrote and also about some quizzing variables:

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/graded-survey very simple use case, default MCQ slides, using variable cpQuizInfoAnswerChoice in an unexpected way

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/secrets-of-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-and   to show some possibilities of this variable

http://lilybiri.posterous.com/widgetsquestions-source-list   has a link to a list with posts I wrote about creating custom question slides using widgets, you'll see some examples there of custom review like you wanted

There are a lot more, feel free to explore

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources