5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 10:48 PM by kglad RSS

How to debug swf file

thil Community Member

Hi,

Is there any way to debug the swf file? i am having a swf which is running on different server. i want to debug it from my system. Please let me know if anyone have the solution to debug the swf.

Thanks

Thilsen.

• 1. Re: How to debug swf file
          kglad CommunityMVP

do you have the fla that publishes that swf?  and what problem is there with that swf?

• 2. Re: How to debug swf file
            thil Community Member

Yes.I do have that fla. I just want to debug the swf whenever stuck on some page. The problem is in my swf getting stuck some where don't know the root causes and where its.

Thanks

Thilsen

• 3. Re: How to debug swf file
              kglad CommunityMVP

you can always use the trace function to debug your swf.

to test in a browser, use firefox with firebug and flashfirebug.

• 4. Re: How to debug swf file
                thil Community Member

I cannot use firefox since the swf is running in different server. And integrated with .net application and ruuing in different devices. I used to trace but the problem is some times my swf (having multiple scnes) got stuck with unknow reason. Based on the variables which am getting from .net application am navaigating the scnenes.

• 5. Re: How to debug swf file
                  kglad CommunityMVP

I cannot use firefox since the swf is running in different server.

that's not correct.

And integrated with .net application and ruuing in different devices.

makes no difference.  unless it's an air app or exe, it runs in ff.

I used to trace but the problem is some times my swf (having multiple scnes) got stuck with unknow reason. Based on the variables which am getting from .net application am navaigating the scnenes.

trace still can pinpoint the problem.