8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2012 7:34 PM by Liam Dilley RSS

Web App - Search by Suburb instead of Postcode (With Distance)

Luke Johns Community Member

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this.

We have setup a web app to list the location of all their New Zealand stores.

The client would like the ability for customers to search by suburb rather than postcode within a 100km radius. Their reasoning behind this is because customers will remember a suburb rather than a postcode.

I have used the BC module tags, layouts and search forms and it is working perfectly for postcode. I just want to add another input box so that the customer can search by suburbs in their radius (maximum of 100km).

How would I go about doing this?

I thought it would be a simple case of copying the 'Postcode' input and updating in to 'City' or 'Suburb' as in example below, but I was mistaken:

<div class="item">

Search by Suburb:<br />

<input type="text" name="City_16000" id="City_16000" class="cat_textbox" maxlength="255" style="width: 180px;" />

</div>

<div class="item">

Search by Postcode:<br />

<input type="text" maxlength="255" name="Postcode_16000" id="Postcode_16000" class="cat_textbox" style="width: 150px;" />

<input type="hidden" id="Country_16000" name="Country_16000" value="NZ"/>

</div>