7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2012 2:35 PM by Jeff A Wright RSS

Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

DRobson48

Can't download free adobe to my Mac 10.6.8.  Shows that it starts to download and then goes to a black screen.  Help?

• 1. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?
          Jeff A Wright Employee Hosts

Where are you seeing this blank screen?  Which Adobe application are you trying to download and install?

• 2. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?
            DRobson48 Community Member

Went on the adobe web site and entered my 10.6.8 opp. system.  They gave me two choices and I picked the latest 10.something.  Hit the download button, screen says download to start, screen goes black with the blue line at the top of the screen moving to the right. When blue line gets to the right hand side it disappears and I only have the black screen.  I've searched my computer to see if a file has been downloaded and needs to be installed.  Can't find it. Defaults call for downloads to go to my desktop.  No such luck.  Any help you can provide would be most welcome.  I'm using "Mac Keeper" as a security system.  Do I need to disable to download?

Thanks, Dick

[auto-reply deleted by host]

• 3. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

I am sorry DRobson48 but I would still need to know what Adobe software you are attempting to download to guess at what might be going wrong.  It sounds like you were using Safari and you began to download something?  If it is Safari btw the typical default is your Download folder inside your User folder instead of your desktop.

Which web browser are you using though exactly and what are you clicking on to download?

• 4. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

Jeff:  Going through Adobe website entered my 10.6.8 opp. system.  It gave me two version choices.  10.1.3 English for Mac Intel and 9.4 English for Mac Intel.  I selected 10.1.3.  Not sure it is an adobe problem as the same thing happens when I tried to down load a SKIM pdf reader.  Yep, I've checked the download folder. Nothing.  Thanks,  Dick

[auto-reply deleted by host]

• 5. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

IDRobson48 it sounds like you are trying to download Adobe Reader.  If you can please post which web browser you are using it would help with identifying how you can access the downloaded file.  I have also moved this thread to the Adobe Reader forum.

• 6. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

Safari

Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:45:11 -0600

To: dickrobson@live.com

Subject: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

created by Jeff A Wright in Adobe Reader - View the full discussion

IDRobson48 it sounds like you are trying to download Adobe Reader.  If you can please post which web browser you are using it would help with identifying how you can access the downloaded file.  I have also moved this thread to the Adobe Reader forum.

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4567410#4567410

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4567410#4567410. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Reader by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 7. Re: Downloading to Mac 10.6.8 Help?

In Safari if you go under View and select Show Downloads you should see the downloaded files there.  You can then double click on the file in the list.