Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error #2032

Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Lexmark's utilty MarkVision Enterprise Pro. It's a web interface for managing printers.

I have some systems that are not connected to the internet. I've downloaded the lastest version of adobe flash player (offline installer) and installed it on the machines. When i browse to the webpage i get an error, #2032.

I found this link (http://support.lexmark.com/index?modifiedDate=02%2F21%2F12&page=content&actp=LIST_RECENT&id=FA852&lo...) and it says for flash to run the first time it needs to be connected to the internet. Is this true? Is it not possible to have a true offline version of adobe flash player? I've got other web pages that use it and they dont complain.

I did a wireshark capture, and it does try to connect to the internet, not sure what it's looking for.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start from the beginning...

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

Is there anything else with that error code, or just #2032?

kceleslie wrote:

it says for flash to run the first time it needs to be connected to the internet. Is this true?

Never heard of such a thing; that's what the offline installers are for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I've tried IE8 on win 2008r2 and IE6 on xp. I've tried both 32 and 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading the Lexmark article you linked in your original post, it appears that the software requires the plugin, not the ActiveX control for Internet Explorer.

Download and install the plugin from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

If you still got problems, please post the full error message you are getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck. I installed that plugin, went to the web page and all i see is a progress bar (which doesnt move) and Error #2032.

When i right click and go to advanced settings for flash player it says i have 11.3.300.265 of activex flash player installed but no plugin installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of that mysterious error #2032?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see in the following web page? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Could you please send us the web page where you see the error message?

It looks like a streaming error because of an incorrect url in the service.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The machine is not connected to the internet so i cant visit that website. I will try to post a screenshot later today

The url is

http://hostname:9788/mve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot

error 2032.png

Wireshark capture shows that it's trying to resolve

fpdownload2.macromedia.com

fpdownload.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can distribute Flash Player in an internal network after signing the license agreement with Adobe. Here you have more details: http://www.adobe.com/products/players/flash-player-distribution.html

Flash Player offline installer doesn't need to have Internet access to complete installation. In my opinion, the information that's provided in the url that you posted may not be correct. However, Flash applications require Internet access (Flex application) if they use RSLs (Runtime Shared Library) to download the certificate. I assume this must be the case here. You may want to apply the workarounds provided in the site.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only workarounds that they provide is to connect to the internet to download the required content. Unfortunately that is not an option that i can consider.

I appreciate the help, i guess i will have to drop this and look for an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines