Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client Specific Literature

LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gang,

I have a secure zone for my clients to log in to to pay their invoices. This works awesome (Thanks Jason and SimpleFlame Team).

However I would also like to be able to have a section in the secure zone where the client can download PDF files that I upload specifically for them only. Is this possible with the literature module?

TOPICS
Paid partner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2012 Jul 18, 2012

I fully agree then all these hacks would be avoided...haha 

I'll also pass this as a future enhancement request and will continue to think of a more efficient solution if possible. 

Cheers!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brad,

You could but will require a little work. 

1. Basically create various zones for each client. (e.g Joe's zone, Jane's zone, etc.) 
  2. Create the literature/media items and assign to the respective zone.
  3. Create various web pages (Joe's page, Jane's page) wrap to each zone and insert the literature items accordingly.

This is what I'm thinking on top of my head but will leave this open to the community for perhaps a better solution. 

Cheers!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sidney,

Yikes, that is a lot of work. Is there anyway to do it using the 'related files' in the client orders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea...but we do not have a tag/module that will display the related file in this case.

Another idea but will still require work is to use "{tag_shippinginstructions} Any specific shipping instructions that accompany the order" within the order layout. 

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/134/bc_1342.html#main_Order_Layouts

You'll then need to create the literature item and provide the link in the order details under "shipping instructions". 

Then use the customer service zones for orders to display customer order history where the client can view all their order history and within the order details locate the shipping details section for the file link that was manually applied by the site admin. 

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/838/cpsid_83807.html#main_Displaying_Order_History

-Sidney 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, they should have a tag for that! Would be awesome ... maybe I will add it to that case study site or whatever it's called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree then all these hacks would be avoided...haha 

I'll also pass this as a future enhancement request and will continue to think of a more efficient solution if possible. 

Cheers!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't be too much to add a tag for that?

Work your magic, man! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had clients ask for this too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or making use of the classify literature functions? But how would the secure zone know which class of literature to show? hmmm......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad, You can use just cases

Because you have a landing page for each and cases only show for each you can have a menu item to a page from your lading page to their documents.

Because they can submit these in a form and use a specific workflow for this form and attach files to it. You can output the case to them. You can submit cases under them in the admin with files attached which show up to them as cases.

If your not fussed about the download tracking this is a nice way of doing it.

You can even offer commenting on cases as well so even have a chat thread going on in regard to that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting concept, Liam.

Yeah I don't care about tracking the downloads. So I am going to give that a look.

Thanks, mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then its the perfect thing for you - client specific, able to have admin and front end make them, file attachement ability and more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also trying to give the customer the ability to upload his files and to make a comment, linked to an existing case, within a secure zone.

How should this be done ?

I have already published the case history where the customer can download the files attached by the administrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use webapps? You could insert the module_webappscustomer on the landing page of each customer and "assign" each CRM contact a single webapp as if they submitted it themselved (you can do this fron the AdminConsole - http://screencasteu.worldsecuresystems.com/Mihai/2012-07-19_0926.png ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is more steps though and a web app as well as a CRM for the customer. When you can do all of what Brad is after and more with the cases I think thats an awesome option I and others at Fuel have implemented on sites really nicely.

You would have to make multiple securezone/pages or just use the landing page and have edit options etc with a web app. You can do that and for things like public profiles etc web apps are the way to go but if your building something that is between a website and the logged users - Cases are certanly the better option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do this on http://www.getswizzle.com.

I use the literature app and when I upload an item, I change the "Author" to the client. That way they only see their "own" documents and I don't have to create individual webapps or secure zones.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura,

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like an interesting idea, but can you explain more on how you do that? I can't see anyway at all to change the author?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also how would you display them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2012 Jul 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question? Where is there an author on a literature item?

Neil

Neil Eisenberg

Design Intervention Studio

"The Art of the Web"

19 Birch Lane

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-8052

www.designinterventionstudio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure you cant guys I think she means web apps and having a custom image field which allows you to add through the file manager most image types other then just images like PDF's.

Web apps have athour etc, which all works but you will be suprised what you can do with cases and less hassle and a lot of nice options when associated with a securezone and logged in users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry you're right it's a web app!

I used to use literature but it didn't do what I needed. I also didnt like cases because of the formatting it spits out and the lack of being able to display uploaded files. As far as I know if you attach a file to a case it only attaches the file name as a link at the bottom of the case.

I needed to build a client area where I have invoices, cases, and documents. Documents is what I'm referring to here. It includes screenshots and help files for clients in PDF or word format but can be any format.

If I'm talking to a client through a case I point them over to the documents section. This also keeps it organized for them when they need to find help files later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelievably we all want to do the same thing. We are in the process of doing the same thing and we've been trying WebApps, Literature, even cases like Liam said, but none really does what we need to do.

Similar to getswizzle, we want to include our contracts with clients because we have sections where we say that they might be updated - Due to BC changing terms and policies etc - with that we need them available online for them so we can update them and get them to approve them.

A lotta work to do with WebApps, but I think in the end, that's the only exit door for this mess.

I think BC need to allow this feature and even allow securing files and folders as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I take the previous post back, Liam's method is right, you can just use cases and update the layout to display whatever you want.

By assigning a workflow to a specific case, you can add the tag as a menu.

Liam, another good one mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a chance to play a bit with all of the suggestions, none of them are really practical for what I need.

Sidney's work around creating secure zones for each client is the closest.

Cases works .... but they aren't really cases so that really messes up all reporting and workflows.

Hopefully,  the BC team can just add a tag for the related files. Would be the easiest ... and the most practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brad, if you can tell us what exactly you want to do we might be able to brainstorm a solution for you - unless if it is private.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines