Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfcollection not deleting files - "open in java"

LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone.

While testing a cfcollection delete, I noticed that not only will it not remove the collection from CFAdmin (refreshing the collections page shows the collection still there), but if you go into the folder and try to manually delete the files, an error message appears saying that the files cannot be deleted because they are still open in java.

The only way (so far) that I've been able to delete the files is by stopping the CF service, delete the files, then restart the CF service.  Both Verity and Solr.

This is also preventing the collections from being optimized (no change), but not preventing indexing.

Is this a bug?  Has anyone else experienced this?

Alienware Area 51 - Windows 7 Pro - 12G RAM - Intel Core i7 2.80GHz - ColdFusion 9.0.1

Thanks,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you're running windows, I just found this in the documentation

You cannot delete Verity collections on Windows if they are created outside of the ColdFusion collections directory or on a drive other than C:, D: or E:. To use a different drive letter, edit the cf_dir/verity/common/verity.cfg file and replace an entry with the directory you wish to use

Is it your case?

Cyril

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Cyril.  No, that is not my case. 

I have the collections in C:\ColdFusion9\collections, which I understand to be the default CF collections directory. 

Also, this isn't limited to Verity; it's happening to Solr, too.

Thanks,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check if there's anything wrong in the logs? Are CF services running with a dedicated or power user? Haven't played much with Solr or Verity so trying to find a clue... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for taking so long to reply.  I do not see anything in the logs that indicate what the issue might be.  CF Services are running with a power user, I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation