• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using CS6 and have a request from the special effects person for my project asking for the proejct to be rendered to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) which seems to be an editing format. I have offered an .xml as an option and he only wants the Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ). Can anyone offer any info as to whether I can render my project to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) using Premiere CS6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes is a format for the exported video you create when rendering a sequence, not the project file. It's also specific to the OS X version of Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is a format for export however most of the formats are for "delivery"  not "editing". It is my understanding this Apple ProRes is for high quality editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are MANY other options besides ProRes when it comes to high quality editing. You could use Lagarith, Cineform, UT or DNxHD.

To address your other question no on a PC you cannot create to  the ProRes format you can only edit ProRes files on a pc. Unless you use this Hack which I haven't personally tested myself. Here is a link to how to do it, I have been told this hack works for Premiere to although I haven't tried it myself as I have already mentioned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yppdAJfLFWI

Honestly though I'd just use another format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a choice for rendering a sequence out to Apple ProRes 422 HQ. I do see the H.264 formot but that will not render the sequence for further editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes will be under Quicktime - not in the main list itself.   Once selected, ignore the second option (right under quicktime) then look further down for the Codec section and choose ProRes HQ in there.

Of course this assumes two things:

1) You're on a Mac

2) You have the Codecs installed.

If you had FCP7 prior to this (and it's still installed) then you will have them already.  If not, the cheapest way to get them is to install Compressor via the App store (which costs money).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a pc and I have CS6. I can see the Quicktime format but I do not see Apple ProRes 422 as an option. Is this only available if I am using Mac ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ProRes codecs are only available as read only (you can read but not encode) on Windows.  So, you won't have that option in Premiere Pro or any other program on Windows.

Ask him for an alternative, such as DNxHD (which is available on both Mac & Windows and is free).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.

You could try the free and lossless UT codec.  It's available for both Macs and Windows.  Your SP/FX guy will need to install it as well, but hey, it's free.  And it works well with the Adobe suite.  Plus it has the added advantage over ProRes in that's it's a lossless codec, so there will be no degradation at all.

http://umezawa.dyndns.info/archive/utvideo/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on PC then pretty much no. Unless you use this hack that I have seen talked about and I haven't ever attempted to see if it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the source files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My source files are on another drive, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type are the source files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My source files are mpeg4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines