• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PICTURE PACKAGE

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a third party plug-in to replace Picture Package in CS6? Why would Adobe do away with a very popular and necessary part of PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Contact Sheet II?

this document gives instructions in creating your own picture package:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yX1q2M0SXPirxVMPRyspL9c4ijTT0KJuaXUBBQAHyCo/edit?pli=1

-janelle flores

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have, but it won't allow you to place different size photos on

the same layout (1-5x7,2-3x5,4-wallet,etc). Picture Package was easy,

convenient and fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bcares1 wrote:

…to place different size photos on the same layout (1-5x7,2-3x5,4-wallet,etc). Picture Package was easy,

convenient and fast.

I fully agree, and it's one of the reasons I keep Photoshop 11.0.2 ("CS4") installed and ready to go.  Another reason is Grain Surgery2.  There are more…

On the Mac, I can even open more than one version of Photoshop running, just by opening the older version(s) first and assigning different scratch disk volumes to each version..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reading through all the forum discussions (arguments?), I guess

that's what I'll be doing also. I'm just upset that Adobe never seems to

bother asking the people that use their products what features they want or

need. Having to keep several versions of the same software loading up the

hard drive is a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bcares1 wrote:

…I'm just upset that Adobe never seems to bother…

You might be interested in post #5 in this other thread.  CLICK here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there isn't a third party plug-in yet to replace it because

nothing pops up on any of my searches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you I missed the picture package, but ended up with a product called Qimage and have not looked back. Enables you not only build picture packages, but a great print productivity tool and money saver. Apart from picture packages, it has many templates like printing two up 5x7's on one page, but with the custom feature it is a pice of cake to print panoramas side by side - good paper savings - also has an auto layout feature.  Not too badly priced and has the ability to use outpot profiles.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, is QImage still around?  I bought a copy a bizillion years ago and after a while I didn't keep up with updates.  That was back in the day when print drivers didn't do a good job of interpolation, and it overcame that by using better algorithms.  Its page layout stuff started out a bit clunky and got better when I was using it.

Even if it just does what the last version I looked at did, that is a very good suggestion, Mike.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup still around, I am still running V2010 and runs great on Win7 x64, but there are more recent editions available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a look at QImage. It sounds like it would fit the bill, but I

still reserve the right to be mad at Adobe! Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for mentioning it, Mike.  Qimage appears to be moderately priced, but…  it's Windows only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its for Windows only, its back to the drawing board...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is a kicker. A while back I was a Mac person, but ran Qimage on an el-cheapo laptop just for printing from Qimage had the images on a share drive and all worked great - I bought an HP netbook from Fry's for about $200 and run a few of my legacy products - like the famous WS-FTP - still my fav FTP client.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeKPhoto wrote:

…ran Qimage on an el-cheapo laptop just for printing from Qimage…

As long as it's not a plug-in that would require a second Photoshop license (for Macintosh), that's a great idea.  It would even run on my cheap Toshiba which has Windows Vista. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup it is a standalone program not a plugin and works great on XP and Vista so no Adobe licensing issue at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have a cheap (read slow) pc so maybe I'll be try Image. Im tired of

the chatting with someone in India who's trying to tell me that Contact

Sheet II is the solution to my dilemma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you brought it up, Mike.  Now it'll come up in a forum or Google search! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeKPhoto wrote:

a few of my legacy products - like the famous WS-FTP - still my fav FTP client.

Sorry about going a bit off-topic, but Mike, for really nice integration with Windows, try the WebDrive product.  I upgraded from WS-FTP to that.

There's nothing like having a network drive connected to an FTP server for easy access in Windows.  Just drag and drop files in Explorer windows, run comparison tools between local copies and web sites...  Great stuff.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bcares1 wrote:

Is there a third party plug-in to replace Picture Package in CS6? Why would Adobe do away with a very popular and necessary part of PS?

You may find this recently concluded thread interesting intriguing:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4554823

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your running on Windows you can install the 64bit and 32 bit CS5 ContactsheetII plug-in into CS6. CS6 ContactsheetII is installed into Adobe's Required folder and will co-exist with CS5 plug-in installed into the Plug-in folder setup for third party plug-ins. In the Photoshop menu File>Automate> you will see two ContactsheeII itemes and one Picture Package items.  Picture Package use to be in ContactSheeII. ContactSheetII was changes in CS6 for thers were errors in its dialog with the preview thumbnail and the size images would be and for some reason Adobe removed Picture Package from ContactSheetII in CS6. If you install the CS5 Plug-ins in CS6 do not forget to copy the Layout Folder into Presets Picture Packages needs that folder contents.

Mac user are out of luck here because CS5 ContactSheetII plug-in is only available in a 32Bit version and there is no Mac CS6 32bit Photoshop.

Mac and PC users can use my Photoshop Photo Collage Toolkit in CS6 as a poorer replacement for Picture Package.  There are two scripts in that package useful for Pictire Packages.

1.) PasteImageRoll for creating single image size picture packages in a single document for pring on roll paper

2.) BatchPicturePackage will create Picture Package Collages. You need to create templates for the Picture Package layouts Images will be rotated for proper orintation.

Look at the following thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1014453?start=0&tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-4556503-212464/450-353/CS6PP.jpg

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-4462505-202110/235-297/walletRoll.jpg

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-4462505-202111/266-600/twoPortrait.jpg

Picture Package Collage template http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PicturePackage3Prints.psd

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-4463329-202189/450-562/PicturePackage3Prints.jpg

Message was edited by: JJMack

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the steps I took to enable the CS 5 Picture Package in CS 6 (64 bit):

Downloaded PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US.zip  for from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4688&fileID=4376

Unzipped file to give C:\Downloads\Adobe CS\Plugin module\PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US.zip\PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US\Optional Plug-Ins\Win64:

Download.jpg

Copied ContactSheetII to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Required\Plug-Ins\Automate:

Program File.jpg

Program Files Adobe Photoshop (64 bit).jpg

Copied C:\Downloads\Adobe CS\Plugin module\PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US.zip\PSCS5OptionalPlugins_Win_en_US\Presets\Layouts to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Presets:

Download Presets.jpg

Presets.jpg

Restarted Photoshop CS 6.  Photo Package will be listed under the Automate options under the first Contact II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to instal Picture Package in Photoshop CC?  I have tried the above instructions and get the message that it could not complete because this version of Photoshop does not supply the services required by tis plug-in module. thanks  jc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your on a PC perhaps the PC cs5 versions can be. If not perhaps my scripts will work.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunaly the picture package, web photo gallery and contact sheet II plugins from cs5 no longer work in photoshop cc on windows.

They definitely won't work in the mac version of photoshop cc either.

I believe they won't work on the windows version of photoshop cc because the deprecated adobe dialog manager among other things, was finally removed in photoshop cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines