Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.5 installer "unable to locate its companion shared library"

Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Flash Builder 4.5 Premium trial and packaged it up with Application Manager Enterprise 2 (I included my serial number, unselected AIR for Apple iOS, and let it apply the 4.5.1 patch).  When running the resulting package, I get the message:

"The FlashBuilder executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."

I see that three times, and then the installer seems to finish.  I need this resolved, though, as I'm packaged an unattended installer, and this message seems to stop the install process until it's told "OK" the three times.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled this again, this time leaving AIR in and not adding the update.  I get the same message, three times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same prompt too,  so how did you solve it, Mr jnojr ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered also a problem with starting up Flash builder premium 4.6.

Adobe Flash builder unfortunately searces for a eclipse plugin in the following directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.6\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexbuilder.ui_4.6.1.335153/welcom/index.html?firstLaunch=false&edition=prem&version=460…

I guess the program can't find the startup page, but it already is loaded. Could it be that the program is looking for a deleted file, which I did.

Look forward to hear some solution.

Regards,

Ed Boon

visioned.nl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same problem as visioned, but I'm on a Mac.  I believe this is the first time I've attempted to open Flash Builder 4.6 since I upgraded my laptop a couple of weeks ago.  Do I have to reinstall Flash Builder, or is there some file I can replace or link I can fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines