• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Signing native installer with Apple's Developer ID certificate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sign my AIR OSX application using Flash Builder's 4.6 "Export Release Build" option. For this purpose I am using Apple's "Developer ID Application" certificate to be able to install and run my app on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion.

After identifying correct certificates in the chain and exporting them all to p12 format (I chose "Developer ID Application", "Developer ID Certification Authority" and "Apple Root CA" within Keychain Access application on my Mac) I got the following error: "Error creating native installer file: Packaging failed. Make sure your computer time is in sync and your certificate is valid".

Does anybody has idea how to successfully sign AIR application using Developer ID certificates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Yes I did. I created Apple Developer ID Application certificate on Apple's web site. I imported this to the Keychain Access by double clicking on the downloaded .cer file. I also verified I had installed Developer ID Cerification Authority and Apple Root CA certificates. Then I used codesign utility from terminal to sign all binaries inside the .app folder and the folder itself. In my case this boiled down to:

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install My App.app/Contents/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a asolution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. I created Apple Developer ID Application certificate on Apple's web site. I imported this to the Keychain Access by double clicking on the downloaded .cer file. I also verified I had installed Developer ID Cerification Authority and Apple Root CA certificates. Then I used codesign utility from terminal to sign all binaries inside the .app folder and the folder itself. In my case this boiled down to:

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install My App.app/Contents/Resources/MyApp/Contents/MacOS/MyApp"

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/Install MyApp"

codesign -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Company Inc" "Install MyApp.app"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information about digitally signing an AIR application are available at http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7ff0.html#WSfffb011ac5603...

Thanks,

Mallika Yelandur

Adobe Community Help & Learning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mallika, is there any information about digitally signing an AIR application with your Mac Developer Account? That page seems to be ios specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you self sign the app when compiling in Flash Builder?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines