Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronize TOC & Breadcrumbs

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way to synchronize my breadcrumbs to reflect a TOC book if there is not a topic associated with the TOC book?

e.g., I have a book called "Payments" and when user clicks the Payments book the topics display. The breadcrumbs still reflect the last topic the user was on, instead of the "Payments" book.

Thank you,

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add some screenshots to show us the problem. Breadcrumbs should refresh with every change of topic as they do on this RoboHelp output.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/index.htm

When you click Reply, you will see a camera icon allowing you to add images.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I think you answered my question, that in order for the breadcrumbs to update, they have to be associated with a topic and not just a book. I didn't have a topic associated with the book, as I didn't have any generic content I needed associated with it. I know when I do associate the book w/a topic, the breadcrumbs are fine. I just thought there may be a way if there wasn't an associated topic with the book. 

Thank you,

Susan

RH_Navigation_sm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Susan

Topics do not have to be associated with a TOC entry. When they are, the path will show in the breadcrumbs. When they are not, they will show as in your screenshot.

What might be misleading you is that as you go through the topics following links from search, index and other topics, the topic you are in will synchronise with the TOC, assuming it is there. At the same time the breadcrumbs will show the full path when the topic is in the TOC.

There is no link between breadcrumbs and the TOC as such.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp