1 2 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 10:33 PM by matildadore RSS

taking the plunge into video

Community Member

Well, I've finally done it... ordered a video ( digital I guess you'd call it ) underwater camera.... or at least waterproof until your ears pop.

anyone have any hints or suggestions how to make the most of this...speak up !

eg. shots you've taken in pools, at beaches, on boats, in thunderstroms, etc ??

This fairly new camera ( olympus TG-1 ) is something totally new to me, as I've never shot any digital stuff ( except the red tests I did a while ago ).

My mousey computer had a tough time dealing with red raw ( winxp and cs3 )...so I had to use redcineX to convert to SD.  But this camera... maybe I will have to use cineform or something...??

My plan is to make a vampire movie...or a zombie movie...

I'm hoping I can get someone to star in it for a reasonable amount of $$...

My first choice would be Colin..if he is anywhere near MN.  For example, if he can make THIS FACE while wearing vampire teeth, UNDERWATER.... HE'S HIRED !

vampire1.jpg

Hope you are well, Colin, and I often think of you.

It's amazing that my first digital camera , a powershot S10 ( which cost like $800 at B&H on 9th Ave. and was worth about 25 cents a month later  ) was way less capable than this new Olympus camera that you can use while drinking all the coors lite in town...cause if you drop it, nothing bad happens.

• 1. Re: taking the plunge into video
          Community Member

I have some "experience" with the idea of VAMPIRE IN THE POOL type plots...as can be seen here

children of the night

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103957/

I wished I had used a different name after I actually saw some roughcuts...but nevertheless...got lots of experience in pool with the underwater vampire....and 2 chics swimming ( victims )

I was thinking, if Colin can't do the vampire, maybe I can do it myself...but then I looked in the mirror and thought, " naaaa, too cute ".

dragon.jpg

Any vampire that looks like ME would be a joke... and the girl victims would probably giggle and playfully slap my face if I tried to bite them.

• 2. Re: taking the plunge into video
            the_wine_snob Community Member

Rod,

What are the specs. of the video from the Oly (I think that there might be a pun in there somewhere - think about it for a bit)?

Good luck, and at least shooting your film in a pool, in the evening, or at night, is not like you're doing a zombie movie, and have to take the crew to Haiti's jungle in the Summer, or during hurricane season. I mean a dip in the cool pool in the evening - who could refuse THAT?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: taking the plunge into video
              Community Member

========

video from the Oly

=======

LOL

good one !

You'd be surprised how much your body temp gets sucked out while in pools shooting stupid movies. The production co. bought wet suits for everyone in the pool... and you STILL got cold after a while...  brrrrr.

The biggest prob with the wet suit for ME was that I was moving the camera ( on a float I built to get panaflex lens like 2" above water ) and the stupid wet suit kept making me " float " to the surface more then I wanted to.

Anyway, that's besides the point...just a little tidbit of info .... if you wanna shoot in water, it aint as easy as you think.

and yep, beats the hot jungle and so on... and I got the pool right here at the apt. complex.... now all I need is actors and of course the camera that I ordered ..... and hopefully I can get the h264 in mov wrapper into my mouse computer and do something.

I'm looking at this thing too...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/600761-REG/Zoom_H4N_H4n_Handy_Mobile_4_Track.html

plus got the instant film from B&H the other day and got mamiya out of closet... now I'm wondering how to 'display' the pics on a wall..gotta come up with some simple matte and maybe just glass with tenter hooks in wall ?

I measured it ( the fuji stuff ) and it is in fact 7x7...the full gate, not 6x7

• 4. Re: taking the plunge into video
                Community Member

Ordered that sound recorder too... now for some lav mics and shotgun...and fuzzy cat thing....

and lights ?  anyone know where I can get a lot of HMI 20K lights (square wave ballasts ) and silks and stuff like that ???

• 5. Re: taking the plunge into video
                  Community Member

script writers....heres my plan so far...let me know if you have suggestions...

OK... I got this pool about 100 feet from here...and there's these golf courses within about 2 miles...

SOOOO... I get these teenagers to play golf...2 chics and 2 boyfriends with harley motorcycles...  everyone has tats....

they play golf and are having fun...

They get to a 'water hazard' and one of the guys loses ball in it.... ( almost gets to the green frog but goes in water instead )

( its my green period )

So this chic says, while laughing and having fun, " I'll get it ! " and dives into water hazard

cut to:

pool at my apt complex....medium shot....underwater camera...

chic diving into water looks for golf ball...sees it, swims down to it...and grabs it...

cut to:

tight shot

underwater vampire grabs her wrist !

THE PLOT THICKENS !

what do you guys think ???

• 6. Re: taking the plunge into video
                    So this chic says, while laughing and having fun, " I'll get it ! " and dives into water hazard

My thoughts:

Show ball rolling into the hazard. M.C.U. of ball, just beyond the bank, clearly visible, but a foot, or two, from the bank, and not THAT deep. She goes to retrieve it, and kneels on the bank, clearly seeing the ball, just at the edge of her reach, She stretches a bit, then a bit more. At that point, her clothing could ride up, revealing even more tattoos. Camera focuses on one, say at the base of her spine, below her tee-shirt, which is riding up, and the top of her shorts, which is riding down.

Scream!

The aquatic vampire has reached up, from beyond the ball, and grabbed her hand, pulling her into the hazard. BF and other couple rush to her aid, only to see her disappear below the surface.

An old horror film, The Creature From the Black Lagoon, explored water hazards, and creatures pretty well. The "creature" was a bit hooky, but the terror of waterways was great for a chill up the spine. They managed to keep "the creature" sort of out of the lens, and let the suspense build. That film did for swimming in inland waterways, what Jaws did for the ocean. Thirty-seven years later, and the "shark's musical notes" are still a great metaphor for TERROR. [Or is that a simile, or maybe a smilie?]

When you go to explain an aquatic vampire, use flashbacks to a golfer, playing poorly, who throws his new set of clubs into the hazard. He relents, and wades in after them, feeling the bottom, as he wades. Suddenly, a vampire eel (maybe one, that looks like Ollie?) bites him! He wriths in great pain, and slowly sinks into the water...

Hunt

• 7. Re: taking the plunge into video

Whatever you do, do NOT use the cliched look of Ghost Adventures, which is a horrible TV knockoff of The Blair Witch Project. I have seen better melodrama from the Surprise Players (Arizona).

Think Alfred Hitchcock!

Hunt

• 8. Re: taking the plunge into video

Going back to the late 50's, there was a murder/suspense film, involving a drowned heiress in a wheelchair. I cannot recall the name of the film now. The suspense built beautifully, until the heroine discovered the body at the bottom of the lake. Great uw camera work, and excellent build-up. If I can recall the name, I will share it, as you might be able to use it to guide you, for when the rest of the foursome discovers the girl's bloodless body in the water hazard. I was training to become a lifeguard at the time, and that film made an impact on me. I still can conjure up that moment of discovery.

Hunt

• 9. Re: taking the plunge into video
                          Community Member

==========

My thoughts:

Show ball rolling into the hazard. M.C.U. of ball, just beyond the bank, clearly visible, but a foot, or two, from the bank, and not THAT deep. She goes to retrieve it, and kneels on the bank, clearly seeing the ball, just at the edge of her reach, She stretches a bit, then a bit more. At that point, her clothing could ride up, revealing even more tattoos. Camera focuses on one, say at the base of her spine, below her tee-shirt, which is riding up, and the top of her shorts, which is riding down.

Scream!

The aquatic vampire has reached up, from beyond the ball, and grabbed her hand, pulling her into the hazard. BF and other couple rush to her aid, only to see her disappear below the surface.

========

GEEZ Bill...That's fantastic !

I don't know how the BF would feel about the tatoo revelation thing...but hey, he must figure it out I guess... ????

If I can suggest the 'shot' and not get punched in the nose by BF I will give it a try....

edit: I think that same sorta shot sequence was used in crocodile dundee ??

• 10. Re: taking the plunge into video

Crocodile Dundee, eh? I saw that, plus at least one of the sequels, but did not recall such a shot? Maybe I need to revisit that film. As I recall, it was rather fun, though I seem to remember the sequal (set in NYC?) was less so.

Maybe it was Greg Norman, reaching into the water hazard, when the croc struck? Do not recall him having tattoos, but perhaps Chris Evert can verify that?

If your actress does not already have a "tramp stamp" at the small of her back, perhaps you can use one of those temporary tattoos, and have something like a pentagram in the center - that could establish her link to the occult, hence why the vampire golfer chooses her.

You could then do a tangent on "devil-worshipping golfers," who sell their souls for better scores, only to have to finally "pay up," when Little Nicky shows up, just before the "club championship."

Let's see, the soundtrack could start with Ry Cooder's theme from Southern Comfort, and then go to Charlie Daniels' The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

Now, playing Art Director, I see a logistical problem. I see the golf course in the Deep South, with plenty of Spanish moss in the oaks, and maybe even some cypress trees at the edge of the water hazard. The "clubhouse" is an old, antebellum plantation house, and a Civil War battle was fought on what is now the golf course. Of course, there WERE slaves, and dead soldiers involved. No one in the plantation was happy, all of the way, up to the "master," who missed the cut in the 1863 British Open Championship...

Now, I have not figured out where Ollie, the "vampire eel" got HIS start, Maybe a first cousin to the Loch Ness Monster, but from Transylvania (Corund - Praid - Sovata)?

OK, there ARE some continuity issues, but nothing that we cannot work through.

Hunt

• 11. Re: taking the plunge into video
                              Community Member

wait a minute already... sheesh..you're getting way out there....and I just got STARTED on this thing...

first of all, this town where I'm at is called " mound" in MN....cause it's built on the burial grounds of some indians...indian americans, or american indians...take your pick.

soooo, there's these graves ....OK ??? and the whole town is built on them apparently...

PLUS this happens to be the 100 year anniversary of the town's " birth"... I don't know how that happens..but maybe someone decided that this was the month and year that someone built a log cabin on the burial site ??

Sooo, I already have the spooky stuff built into my own location... and don't have to go to someplace with hanging moss and stuff like that.

OK... sooo, now that we got spooky dead indians, maybe we can figure out a way to have some spooky vampire indian ???  That lives in the water for some strange reason ??  Maybe the vampire had a giant green frog for a 'friend' or a 'friendly spirit ' before he became a vampire ? maybe this has something to do with GOLF ...like the vampire that bit the indian was a Scot who loved golf but also was the first vampire ??

anyway, lets think about this, cause I dont wanna go to the deep south and you couldnt PAY me enough to go anywhere near Fort Polk to be perfectly honest...

• 12. Re: taking the plunge into video

OK, maybe go back and screen Poltergeist, paying attention to the pool built over the burial grounds scene.

Let's see, maybe a "vampire" Count (or Prince, or whatever) comes to America, and is traveling from NYC to San Francisco (not sure why, but maybe he knows that he can go out at night in The Castro, dressed in his Euro-count finery, and no will notice him?). His wagon train gets to what is now Mound, MN, and his trused manservent runs afoul of the local Native American medicineman. In the process of the battle, the Count's coffin is lost in the lake, where he discovers that he can breath, hideout and plot how to get to San Francisco. While living in the lake, he sucks the blood of a giant eel, rendering the creature a "vampire" too. The Count manages to leave the lake, and head west (not sure that we need to go into the details of that journey, or who helps him, but just state that he is gone, maybe leading a nocturnal life in the City by the Bay, with the fog, etc.). Now, the vampire eel is left in that lake, which was incorporated into a muni golf course, as a large water hazard.

Maybe you get the Spanish moss into it, when the Dr., scientist, police chief, whomever, travels to New Orleans, to discuss the vampire eel with a voodoo priestess, who knows the story of the vampire Count... ? I mean who else could solve the strange cases of disappearing golfers, at the fangs of a vampire eel, like a voodoo priestess? Also, let the second unit film in NOLA.

I think that you are onto something there!

I'll actually do a camero (free of course), and actually hit the ball into the lake. I seem to be all too good at loosing my golf balls into lakes, streams or oceans *. Some of my playing partners refer to me as "Sea Hunt," from the old TV series of the same name with Lloyd Bridges.

Hunt

* Though I actually played Pebble Beach with the same ball, right up until my second shot on # 18 - ocean!

• 13. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                  Community Member

LOL

good PLOT AND SUMMARY !  Excellent !  YOU'RE HIRED !

hehe... you would be the only golfer who plays with a snorkel and mask perched on his forehead....if it wasn't for ME ....

edited: PS .... cant we make the EEL a SNAKE ?  I'm sorta partial to them

• 14. Re: taking the plunge into video

cant we make the EEL a SNAKE

Absolutely! Done!

Snake is probably better, as other than a morray eel, most people do not really fear them.

Also, we might want to tune into the SFX Channel. If I heard the promo correctly, they are running either a movie, or series (?) on something like Vampire Anaconda! Might be some good ideas in there?

Hunt

• 15. Re: taking the plunge into video

Now, a couple of years ago, PGA golfer, Woody Austin, wore a scuba mask, after he fell into a water hazard in the round, the day before. See more: http://www.pgatour.com/2007/tournaments/presidentscup/10/03/austin.ap/index.html

Not sure if there was a snorkel in the outfit?

As I recall, he was NOT bitten by a "vampire snake" in the hazard, but maybe something DID happen while he was underwater.

Hunt

• 16. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                        Community Member

hehe...pretty funny.  I'm glad he was secure enough to make fun of himself with the mask...

Looks like my first order of biz when I get camera is to figure out what cs3 and my mouse computer can handle...figure out what to do.

Got a thread going in forum and already got some good advice...

chomping at the bit to golf, but its gonna be 100 and humid today ...yesterday was 90's...

dont wanna become 'the swamp thing' during play...from sweat...your heat is drier I think...not as bad..

• 17. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                          Community Member

just got back from the apt complex 'pool'....( speaking of taking the plunge )

sidled my way slowly into water from the shallow end...and then started a slow austrailian crawl....and someone yelled, " THAR SHE BLOWS ! "

edited:

while someone bellowing " thar she blows" was bad enough, yet another spectator decried, " Ach !
                                          The Principle of Displacement " by Archimedes demonstrated ! "  ( as a rather large amount of pool water ran over the sides on my entry )

• 18. Re: taking the plunge into video

A couple of years ago, I was in Hawai`i, and went down to the beach. I was wearing my black, long-line, Michael Phelps autograph swim suit. Contrasted against my pasty white body, that black suit really stood out. In a few moments, a local TV station showed up with a "whale rescue team" from UH Manoa Campus, to "save a beached orca!" Bad mistake on my part. When I go to the beach, little kids try to feed me mackerel, just like they did with Shamu at Sea World. Maybe that is why I go to a dark bar, and drink - I'll let the beach be used by the Japanese tourists, who show up before dawn, stake out their area, and do not leave, until about sunset.

Hunt

• 19. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                              Community Member

===========

When I go to the beach, little kids try to feed me mackerel

===========

LOL

camera got shipped..still waiting for delivery.

brought car to mechanic for tuneup etc... now staring at the wall....waiting.

waiting , waiting, waiting....almost as bad as safari "edit" of walking, walking, walking...

• 20. Re: taking the plunge into video

When the camera comes in, remember to tell us all about it!

Hunt

• 21. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                  Mitchell Lopez Community Member

<  I'll let the beach be used by the Japanese tourists, >

Uhhh, Bill.... In the summer here in San Diego, we have to put up with Zonies.

How about a movie about Zombie Zonies?  That would be double scary.  If it isn't bad enough that they take over the beach with their sandles with socks with long pants, they are also flesh eating.  In the movie, the only problem with using a "double tap" on them, is that their car is still taking up parking spaces at the beach.

And in the underwater scene in the water trap, the Zombie Zonies could harress the girl with the tramp stamp, to search for lost golf balls on the bottom of the water.  After the girl finds a lot of golf balls, instead of tipping the girl, the Zombie Zonies eat her flesh. 

The only way to escape the Zombie Zonies is to stay on the freeway and go 80mph, as Zonie cars appearantly aren't able to go faster then 62mph.

This would be a increadibly scary movie.  (That some people have to live every summer)

• 22. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                    Trevor.Dennis CommunityMVP

Bill I am sure you are exagerating, but it made me laugh.  The bain of our lifes in the summer are the hords of rented camper vans.  They pay scant regard to other road users, and appear to have knowledge of NZ road rules.  I would never ever even think about using a pedestrian crossing when a rented camper was in sight!

• 23. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                      Community Member

Got the camera and the sound thing ... olympus TG-1 and Zoom H4n. I haven't even figured out the sound thing yet... but did one test of recording me saying , " hello ? test test test " ...and it sounded weird... like, do I really sound like that ??

I didn't realize I sound like one of the animated chipmunks.

Anyway, I have tested the camera ( point and shoot )... both at 1080p and 720p...and am going to try to get into the pool today to test it in the water.

I also tested camera as a still camera at some local event...( 100 year anniversary of Mound, MN ).. with camera set on something that just did it's own thing.... and it was kinda fun.. got some nice pics...

However, when I tried printing the pics I got into that old rigamorole " printer doesnt print out what I see on screen ".  So I tried adjusting screen to printer...( using photoshop and quark xpress ) and with nvidia control panel was able to get somewhere close... but not pro quality... ( monitor doesnt have separate rgb conrols, nor does printer have any controls ).  So I'm basically screwed when it comes to printing ( must make adjustments based on 'best guess" once I get close ....which uses a ton of paper and ink...so that sucks ).

BUT...the good thing is that the pics are OK and basically most people wouldn't know what I'm seeing " wrong"  anyway.

In terms of the 'camera movie stuff "....I've decided that it makes more sense to make stuff that looks pretty 'horrible'...like " Blair Witch Project " ...( no offense ) ...rather than try to emulate an Alexa or whatever.

The first step is to make it black and white in premiere pro.... that gets rid of half the problems right off the bat.

Then, once you go to black and white...noise and screwed up video frames ( pixelation etc ) almost seems like it ' belongs ' in there....cause the film looks like it's from some 8mm wind up camera from the 1950's....know what I mean ?

And having my main subject matter " The Creature From the 18th Hole " ... fits right in...

It bothers me that a giant frog wouldn't be GREEN....but I think the shape of said frog might be enough even in black and white.

• 24. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                        Stan Jones CommunityMVP

I didn't realize I sound like one of the animated chipmunks.

I always pictured a snakey hisssss.

• 25. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                          Community Member

========

I always pictured a snakey hisssss.

=========

ME TOO !  Imagine my surprise ...having a squeek to my voice !

• 26. Re: taking the plunge into video

" The Creature From the 18th Hole "

Golf courses seem to offer quite a bit, in the way of location filming. Some years back, a couple of wife's Drs. from Colorado came down to AZ to buy into an ER operation. They stayed out in the hills, at a golf resort, and were trying to get in a quick 18, before dark the first day. When they got to 17, one Dr. hit into a deep bunker, not too far off the green. He walked to the edge, and stopped. Some guy was shooting a video IN the bunker with two young ladies in the buff. He took a "free drop," and just played through. Guess they thought that it being evening, no golfers would be coming through that late?

Hunt

• 27. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                              Community Member

sounds like " art " photography...nudes...

sounds like a cross between edward weston and man ray ...." biomorphic shapes in the sand "  ???

Anyway, I just got back from short course.. hadn't played in like 5-6 days ?  was too hot and humid and raining and thunderstorms etc...finally got a decent morning to play.

Did remarkbably better, but still suck...so my best statement is " I suck less " .

got a birdie and two pars...

However, I also lost a ball in some copse of trees surrounded by water, and got quite a few 5's.... mostly 4 though.... getting better. This aint as easy as it looks on TV...

Yesterday I wanted to test camera in water ( pool ) but it was too hot to even go in pool so I read the manual on the new zoom h4n I got.. so now I think I can figure out how to use that thing.

I have no clue what " phantom 48v " is...but the shotgun mike I wanna get ( chris duncan recommended ) can run on aa battery or phantom power... I guess if I run on phantom power I have to have some sorta battery power other than the zoom ??  I dont get it.

If I can get some wireless mics and reciever, and plug that into the zoom... and also a shotgun... I should be in good shape....maybe a mixer and amp too...hey why not dream big ??

meantime, the camera is working OK if I just dump the color and go for black and white and use cineform (convert the mov h264 to avi ).

am now considering two films.. .a documentary about mound, mn, and a thriller called  " the creature from the 18th hole ".

• 28. Re: taking the plunge into video

sounds like a cross between edward weston and man ray ...." biomorphic shapes in the sand "  ???

Yes, and with a bit of Eadweard Muybridge, and Tristan Taormino (I'll let you Google that one for yourself) too.

Did remarkbably better, but still suck...so my best statement is " I suck less " .

Yes, "less suckie" is a good thing, at least in my book.

If I can get some wireless mics and reciever, and plug that into the zoom... and also a shotgun... I should be in good shape....maybe a mixer and amp too...hey why not dream big ??

So you're going with some underwater mics, eh? Kind of like a hydrophone?

I can just see your next post, "How do I remove that gurgling sound in my audio?"

am now considering two films.. .a documentary about mound, mn, and a thriller called  " the creature from the 18th hole ".

I'd start with the doc. but keep all outtakes handy. Since it was built on an "Indian burial ground," might be a lead in for the creature-feature, later. Think Poltergeist.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 29. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                  Community Member

yikes... I forgot all about the underwater sound stuff... the built in mic on camera should work down there... but you're right... I might need to

experiment with low cut filter with phase shift to minimize air bubble noises...

I will google " cavitation" on the web and see if someone has posted stuff about stealth submarines, hydrophones, etc.

ahh, good point about the prehistoric indian burial thing... maybe the 18th hole is right near one ???  BOOOO !

• 30. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                    Community Member

interesting test result in backyard pool....with olympic tg-1

the glass in front of lens on camera is real close to lens...( lens doesnt extend from body )...soooo, when you go into water the water covers the lens really fast... you dont get "separation" between sky and water very much..as you go down into water.

You would think I knew this already, but I didn't... as I am often an idiot...

It now seems obvious that the further away the glass is from the lens, the more separation you'd have between the water and sky as you go down into the water... here is what I mean.. ( think of the difference between wearing a mask underwater or not wearing a mask )

no underwater housing.jpg

So basically, an underwater housing...that separates the lens from the glass ....is good for that separation.

Here is sample of 2 frames with AF on as I go underwater... who knows what is happening, but basically at some point the AF ( even with AF tracking ) has no clue what to focus on anymore... but once underwater it does in fact focus again..

af-1.jpg

af-2.jpg

kinda annoying, this out of focus no mans land....and I for the life of me can't figure out what it is trying to focus on at this point...maybe a reflection off the water surface of the sky ???

• 31. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                      Community Member

best way for me to work around the AF thing is simply to go into the water really fast... and maybe lock the AF at a specific distance before hand...

will try that test next...

as for the separation ...same deal... dont go for a shot where people or objects are halfway on "top" of water and halfway " below" the water...cause without glass there it aint happening....

• 32. Re: taking the plunge into video

OK, so maybe my screenplay, regarding the Indian "burial ground," was not what you needed.

Think that I have a new one for you, and it will give you the opportunity to explore the UW filming and audio capture.

First, see this TRAILER from years ago.

Then, see the details of a recent TV special on MERMAIDS. Here is a better look at the DISCOVERY CHANNEL SPECIAL.

Think about both, and note some strong similarities.

I believe that there might be a link, and you can explore that, right in your backyard pool.

Hunt

• 33. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                          Community Member

wow... the ol creature from the black lagoon... one of my favorites !

and mermaids.. hmmmm  a lot to think about there....

I declare beer thirty !  That should get the gray cells cooking...

I also have to start hanging out at the pool more and see if I can find some free actors for my water scenes...

then I will rent " ed wood " and watch it again... ( I thought once was enough, but I really didn't take notes on his shortcuts on scene coverage )...

• 34. Re: taking the plunge into video

wow... the ol creature from the black lagoon... one of my favorites !

and mermaids.. hmmmm  a lot to think about there....

Well, it was a bazillion years ago, that I saw Creature, but when I saw Mermaids, something clicked. At first, I could not place it, so ruminated on things for a bit, then it hit me - "I have SEEN that creature before... !" Yes, in The Creature from the Black Lagoon, back in about 1954.

When I reviewed the trailer, I was flabbergasted - it WAS the same creature, at least through the eyes of Hollywood, back in the 50's. Looking closely, they did a right fine job. I am surprised that reference to Creature was not made in Mermaids, but maybe they wanted to distance themselves from Hollywood, though they did delve into "historical" references to mermaids. Uncanny!

Good luck, and maybe you can offer to screen Creature for the apt. complex - maybe rent one of those giant inflatable TV screens, and let everyone watch from the pool? Remember, no glass containers, and NO RUNNING!

Hunt

• 35. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                              Community Member

===========

Good luck, and maybe you can offer to screen Creature for the apt. complex - maybe rent one of those giant inflatable TV screens, and let everyone watch from the pool? Remember, no glass containers, and NO RUNNING!

========

not for nothin, but to be totally honest I have no clue what  you're talking about here... as it is beer thirty big time in Mound , MN... and I am trying to drink all the coors lite beer within 30 miles right now...and doing a good job.

Yoodles CEO declared they are against gay marriage yesterday and that blew me away , cause FRIDAY is GAY day for grips... and I really hate this political ******** .. no one knows as well as we grips do how important it is to let your hair down and enjoy the moment !

Especially when at wrap parties with scenics and hair dressers and makeup artists and art directors and so on....the list is endless...

Anyway, not to drift away from the main subject now... as we in the lounge love our yoodles and wine thirty etc... the main thing is to keep focused on

a) a script

( love your script writers IMO )

b) storyboard

( get over it... after video tap to panaflex came into use everyone has input including idiots )

c) DIT station ( get over it, everyone is an idiot at that bank of monitors )

and lastly

d) " hollywood ".. that misnomer is gone forever already for 20 years already. There is NO HOLLYWOOD anymore. Get over it !

ps... I am staggering to the pool in the back yard now to take a plunge with exclamations of " AY , EL BLANCO GRANDE " in my periphery hearing... and a coors lite in my hand...

• 36. Re: taking the plunge into video

I thought that you knew all about the giant inflatable outdoor TV.

You might want to add one of THESE, for the crew to unwind after a hard day of filming. May as well throw one of THESE in that order too. Remember, no glass bottles around the pool.

Enjoy the pool, and no running!

Hunt

• 37. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                                  Community Member

hehe... cool Tiki bar !  Ya, the garbage can full of ice for cans of beer works OK for us around this pool....

I used one of the gas bar b q grills out there near pool the other day to make a filet mignon.. .yum... it was good...

Oddly ... they aren't used very often at all... and they work very well...

It's the kind that has those volcanic rock things above the gas flames...

That inflatable TV.. wow.. never saw that before... that's pretty hilarious...

I wonder what would happen if you filled it with helium ??  Could you ties a few of those with helium to your lawn chair and go flying ?? and watch TV at the same time ??  How cool !

• 38. Re: taking the plunge into video
                                                                                    Community Member

darn it... tried posting and it failed...sheesh...

yes, that tiki bar thing is very cool !  Never saw the inflatable TV before... wow !  what would happen if filled with helium ?? could you tie a couple of helium filled TV's to lawn chair , go flying and watch TV at same time ??  how cool !

• 39. Re: taking the plunge into video

I wonder what would happen if you filled it with helium ??

Well, that might depend on what is showing - say Close Encounters of the Third Kind?  Might make as many headlines, as the "balloon boy."

Hunt

1 2 Previous Next