• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<RH9_Microsoft HTML Help> Add the plus icon on the TOC.

Jul 24, 2012 Jul 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please help me add the plus icon as the following figure to my TOC:

1.png

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not seeing this icon? It is a standard icon so you should be. can you post an image of what you are seeing and tell whether it only affects one file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Look at the Single Source Layout recipe for the Microsoft HTML Help layout. Specifically, click the Edit... button next to Advanced Settings.

tmp1.PNG

Now click the TOC Styles tab from the Advanced Settings dialog and enable the Lines from Root option. Once you have done that, you may enable the Plus/Minus Squares option.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Captiv8r, it's helpful.

Can I know what capture tool u are using for those figures. I'm using Fullshot and I don't see the effect as you did with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick should be safely tucked up in bed right now. The tool used is Snagit from Techsmith. It's the best tool around.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter, because you is always here to solve any trouble. ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, can you show me exactly that effect in the SnagIt ? I already install the SnagIt but still not find out that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select an area of the image in Snagit and then look for Spotlight and Magnify on the Image menu.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Rick is awake now and having coffee and breakfast at a coffee shop in Chicago.

Peter is correct that SnagIt is my favorite screen capture tool and the best I've ever used. But what you are seeing isn't something SnagIt just "does". It's a technique I've perfected.

I capture the image, then use the Spotlight tool to provide a "dimmed" area outside the area of interest.

Then I resize the image to make it smaller. Generally I resize to perhaps 60% up to maybe 70% or 80% of original image size.

Then I use the Shape tool to draw the outline.

And I use a different Shape to provide the shaded area "zooming out".

I'll see if I can record a video showing it in action. Hang on...

Okay, audio isn't the best as it seemed to default to the laptop mic and not my Bluetooth headset... Grrrr

Click here to view

Hopefully this helps. I'll be facilitating a class until late this afternoon, but will check in when I get back to the hotel.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp