Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboSource Control Error Messages

Nov 03, 2006 Nov 03, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is able to get in, including the admin, who tried to get in through RoboSource Control. Everyone is receiving error messages every where we turn, including but not limited to, error parsing structure file, invalid user name or password error, and An error occurred connecting to the database: Error, unknown exception. Please contact RoboSource Control Technical Support. Do you want to use Robosource control offline using the tagging system? If Yes, your work will be saved locally and synchronize when you reconnect. At this point, if No is selected, this error message is received: Error, unknown exception. Please contact RoboSource Control Technical Support. Then ok is selected, it states unable to locate would you like to browse for it. When Yes is selected, it brings up the log in, and when you try to log in, it displays invalid user name or password error. We created a new database and I re-added all of the projects. NOW, the same thing is happening. I contacted the Technical Asst number and I was on hold forever, literally. The first time I was on hold for 2 hours and 28 min b/4 I hung up and the second time 3 hrs 26 min!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW, NO ON CAN GET ANY WORK DONE AND I AM SO TIRED OF NOT HAVING ANY ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2006 Nov 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a stupid question, but did you reboot the server before you added your new databases?

We recently had the same problem with a database becoming corrupt. We rebooted the server, added the project with a new database, and everything is working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2006 Nov 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we have not tried doing that, Thanks for the suggestion. I will attempt to get that done now AND Keep my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2006 Nov 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also look at the .cpd file if it becomes corrupted it can really wack up things with version control.

Finally how did you add the project? Did you use the add to version control from inside the project. OR did you open the robosource control manager and add the project? If you did the later then that is the reason, as it will add files which should not be put into the source control. You need to always add a program to the source control from inside the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2006 Nov 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding projects to version control from inside the project. B/4 version control, I would review and delete the .cpd file if necessary, but once I went to version control, I never saw that error message and forgot that could be a culprit. I did the previous suggestion of rebooting the server, created a new database and added the projects again. So far so good. I sent instructions to the other users to add their projects and hopefully things will continue to move smoothly, at least until next year. From reading several forums, some people have suggested using Microsoft Visual Source Safe w/RH. I found out my company is already using this in another area and is going to upgrade first quarter next year, so if it will hold on until then, it will be a Blessing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2006 Nov 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNFORTUNATELY, rebooting the server DID NOT work!!!!!! Today, I received the error message, "Error parsing structure file" once again. Now, no one is able to access the database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2006 Nov 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, did deleted .cpd files and try to enter, but was unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2008 Sep 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my dept at work, we are responsible for updating our help system using RoboHelp X5. We routinely receive the error "error parsing structure file." The usual response from our publisher is to have the server rebooted. That usually fixes the issue, however it is only a temporary fix until we receive the error again. At that time we again reboot the server.

What I want to know is exactly what is causing this error? If I knew what causes the error, maybe I could fix it in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here is a long shot - are you using Windows 2000 / 2003 XP server OS (any NT flavor)? If so, make sure "Opportunistic Locking and Read Caching" is DISABLED on the server (it is enabled by default).

A good reference site:

http://www.dataaccess.com/whitepapers/opportunlockingreadcaching.html

Regards,
Linux Rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp