• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How is the store invoiced when a product is paid for.

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems simple but my boss asked what the process is for being invoiced when a order is place on the web site and I can't find any info on the exact process. I can't show him as its just a test site so is there a link to info the what happens after a product is ordered.

He wanted to know about the invoice and how it would make its self known to the office, in other words hes hoping it's not just a matter of loggin in to admin and checking if there is any orders.

Plus we use sage I store, any way of linking the stock levels in business catalyst to our sage program?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Hi,

in general, a workflow should be applied to checkout forms (make sure the option "orders" is checked).  The worflow on the other hand has a role applied to it. Every time a checkout form is being submitted, the user with that role will be notified by email. You can also add other recipients to the workflow notification or send it to the customer himself. Usually though thats not necessary as the customer will receive an invoice via email.

Check out the knowledge base too: http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/180/bc_1806.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in general, a workflow should be applied to checkout forms (make sure the option "orders" is checked).  The worflow on the other hand has a role applied to it. Every time a checkout form is being submitted, the user with that role will be notified by email. You can also add other recipients to the workflow notification or send it to the customer himself. Usually though thats not necessary as the customer will receive an invoice via email.

Check out the knowledge base too: http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/180/bc_1806.html

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a workflow summary and under the eccomerce will include the invoice. At any time you can go to the CRM. And view the customers orders and view the invoice and print it out as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, will look at workflows as I think an email is needed to be sent as a notification to the office so it's not just up to logging into admin and checking orders.

Little disappointed I can't have a visual of the invoice or email notification inside admin, just code. Is there a screen shot of what one looks like, I know it's based on the template but just a general shot would be good to see. is it viewable within dreamweaver? I just need to be able to show the boss what it will look like without using his imagination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2012 Jul 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I think you missunderstand what was said here.

You can see the invoice of orders under the order in the admin. You can create orders within the admin as well and then view the order and the invoice and download the invoice and print the invoice via tha admin.

For testing without a payment gateway you can always use the COD - cash on derliver payment option to go through the transaction process, get the emails, see the workings in the admin etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines