2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2012 2:02 PM by Eddie Burns RSS

Snow Leapord/Cs6 help

Eddie Burns

I have the below listed hardware (mac).  Even though CS6 is for 64 bit, I was told by Adobe folks that my version is the latest that will run cs6.  Not extremely well, but run it nevertheless.  It seemed to be doing fine until I tried working in AE.  It's so slow I can't even

view a ram preview -- even in Quarter viewing resolution. 

Can you tell me if there is a solution other than upgrading system.  I'm trying to wait to see what apple comes out with rather than going to pc right now.

Model Name:          Mac Pro

Model Identifier:          MacPro3,1

Processor Name:          Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:          2.8 GHz

Number Of Processors:          2

Total Number Of Cores:          8

L2 Cache (per processor):          12 MB

Memory:          2 GB

Bus Speed:          1.6 GHz

Boot ROM Version:          MP31.006C.B05

SMC Version (system):          1.25f4

Serial Number (system):          G88031HMXYK

Hardware UUID:          F20D4815-8F26-558A-BD6B-B171E87191A9

• 1. Re: Snow Leapord/Cs6 help
          Dave LaRonde Community Member

I see you only have 2 gigs of RAM.  That's barely enough to keep the OS running and AE open, much less do anything with AE.

If you can increase your RAM to 8 gigs, you can actually do useful work in AE. 

If you go to 16 gigs, you can start to use multiprocessing.

• 2. Re: Snow Leapord/Cs6 help
            Eddie Burns Community Member

Thanks!!

214-251-6820   -  eddie@iproducemedia.net  -  www.iproducemedia.net

This electronic transmission (and/or the documents accompanying it) may contain confidential information belonging to the sender that is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510 and 2521 and may be legally privileged. This message (and any associated files) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files associated with this message, is strictly prohibited.