9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2012 8:44 AM by DaveDowson123 RSS

Strange screen behaviour and exit causes Elements 10 to stop responding

I downloaded the trial version (10) today. I also checked for updates (one update - RAW problem - I installed it)

I am new to Photoshop (and elements) - but immediately knew something was wrong when my window had "see through" areas to the windows . I resized the window and I got a lot of ghost lines appearing (see attached screen shot).

If I load a file or multiple - they load, but the thumbnail does not appear at the bottom of the screen unless I click on the "space" where they would be

When I exit, I get a windows 7 message "The application has stopped responding", at the same time I get an error in the event log (Faulting application name: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x4e70c16d. Faulting module name: PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x4e70c16d. Exception code: 0xc0000005)

If I do not load a file, then the app exists OK

I have 3 screens configured with Eyefinity attached to a Radion HD 6970 card. My CPU is i7 and I have 8GB RAM. Windows is 64bit

I used teh chat window to talk to an agent - who said he could not help me (trial version) and I had to post my question here (I first looked for similar problem - but found nothing)

I have de-installed my video driver and re-installed the latest from ATI ... same problem describved above