Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts no longer included in CS6

Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of years ago, I purchased the original version of CS, which included the semibold and semibold italic versions of Adobe Garamond Pro.  I eventually lost the contents of the computer on which it was installed -- while I was able to recover my data files, all program files (including font files) were lost.  Recently, I purchased a new computer and bought CS6.  I see that those particular fonts are  no longer included.  Since I used them in some of my old documents, that is a bit of a problem.  In light of the fact that I owned a legal copy of the fonts (by virtue of having purchased CS), is there any way to get them other than buying them again?  Thanks.

Robert Rothman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Those fonts, if part of the deliverable of the first Adobe CS, should be included on the original installer CDs.

Greetings,

FG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those fonts, if part of the deliverable of the first Adobe CS, should be included on the original installer CDs.

Greetings,

FG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't think I still have the original disks.  In my (uncharacteristic) zeal to get rid of deadwood, I tossed the disks for a bunch of old software that has been replaced by new versions that I installed on the new machine.

Robert Rothman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob,

If you no longer have the original media, I'm affraid you will have to purchase a license to those fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks.  I'd like to request that Adobe consider including those fonts again in future versions of CS.  Adobe Garamond Pro is my "go to" typeface, and I for one find the semibold (in both its roman and italic incarnations) more attractive than the bold for things like titles and subheads.

Robert Rothman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, we appreciate your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines