Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Long Topic Titles

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2006 Nov 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Using RoboHelp X5 to develop a WebHelp file. At the client's request the topic titles and index entries should reflect the name of the various reports. The problem is the titles are quite long and the users are requried to expand the TOC and Index to view the entire text. Is there a way the user can avoid expanding the respective panes, I not sure if the following options would work:

Automatically expanded the panes: TOC pane when the help file loads, Index pane when the user clicks the index tab.

Insert a breaking space in the Topic title and index entries, so the text appears on two lines.

Other suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2006 Nov 15, 2006
Setting the width of the TOC etc is covered in RoboWizard's Skinny on Skins. Click here.

Roger Nilsson described wrapping TOC text in this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps someone may know of a whizbang solution of the type you describe. Unfortunately I don't but have you considered changing the font size in the navigation tab in the skin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the width of the TOC etc is covered in RoboWizard's Skinny on Skins. Click here.

Roger Nilsson described wrapping TOC text in this post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, Peter,

Thank you for your replies. I have the solution to increasing the size of the Navigation pane in Rick's Skinny on Skins file.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FWIW, when you hover the cursor over a long line in the TOC, the browser shows a tooltip-type popup that displays the whole line.

I'd weigh the importance of showing the whole title by wrapping TOC lines against the effort required. I think I would try hard to sell the popup as a reasonable solution.

But then, I'm not you or your client.

If pressed to the wall, I'd look for the < nobr > or < nobreak > tag in one or more of the .js files and see what happens when it's removed. Theoretically, a long title will automatically wrap.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp