• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Robohelp from C drive over to Network=does not work

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2006 Nov 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a Robohelp Project on my C drive so I could edit, and not get it mixed up w/ other stuff on our network.

I just copied it (the entire project) and pasted it to our network, and when I generate it, it is not working... Can I not copy a Robohelp Project and place it on the network, or is this a big no-no too? When I generated it for Printed Documentation i just go the first 5 pages.. on my local PC it is 234 pages. When I generate it HTML or Web i get page can not be displayed... Any help would be great. TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have answered your own question. It worked on your hard disk and doesn't on the network.

It is a big no no. These forums are littered with posts about problems caused by having projects on a network. See this topic on RoboWizard's site for more information.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tlmossman

Why on earth would you do that?

Get up, walk over to the blackboard and begin writing:

I will never try to edit projects on a network. I will never try to edit projects on a network. I will never try to edit projects on a network.

Repeat this until the urge to do that leaves your body.

Now dutifully place your project back on the C drive where it will once again become stable and never think about using the network again.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter, didn't see you standing there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I Guess I am confused. Can I generate them on my Local ... then Move over the generated stuff so my network people can add these to our software, websites etc...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Your project must be on your hard disk, unless you are a sadist.

Your output must be generated to your hard disk, be it webhelp, printed documentation or a CHM file. What you do then varies with the output.

WebHelp. You can either give the developers all the generated files or when you generate you can also publish to the server at the same time, that is set up in the last page of the wizard.

Printed Documentation. Once the document is created, do what you want with it.

CHM file. Give that to your developers so that they can include it in the install routine for their software. CHM files should be installed on the end user's PC and not a network drive or you will get Page Cannot Be Displayed issues. There are some workrounds for that on my site if the file must go on a network but be aware it involves registry changes which your customers' systems administrators might not be happy about.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp