6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2012 2:43 AM by Test Screen Name RSS

Adobe Acrobat License

Rabi@Mindfire

Hi Everybody

I would like to know about the license agreement for Reader Extension .

I have more than 5000 of LiveCycle pdf whose i want to send to a number of operators .

They would fill in some information and send that back to me through email .

To save the filled in information, I want to  make the pdf, reader extension through Acrobat X pro .

This way, would I violate the reader extension license ?

Does the Acrobat X pro allow more than 5000 pdf to make reader extension and send a copy to individual 

users ?

If not, Can I do the same using LiveCycle Reader Extension sever ?

Does LiveCycle Reader Extension server license allow it ?

Thank you

Rabi

• 1. Re: Adobe Acrobat License
          Bernd Alheit MVP

Does LiveCycle Reader Extension server license allow it ?

Yes.

• 2. Re: Adobe Acrobat License
            Rabi@Mindfire

Hey Bernd, thanks for the quick reply .

1. does it mean Acrobat X pro license doesn't allow it ?

2. What is the limitation on Acrobat X pro license ? How many files can be created and ditstibuted using X Pro ?

3. What is the limitation on LiveCycle reader extension server ? How many files can be created and ditstibuted using LiveCycle reader extenstion server ?

Thank you

Rabi

• 3. Re: Adobe Acrobat License
              Bernd Alheit MVP

2. What is the limitation on Acrobat X pro license ?

Read this:

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Reader_Extension_Policy_A10-5-31-2011.pdf

• 4. Re: Adobe Acrobat License
                George_Johnson ACP/MVPs

2. The Acrobat license agreement doesn't place any limit on the number of documents that you can enable and specifically allows you to distribute an enabled document to an unlimited number of recipients. If you do, there is a limitation on the number of instances (including hard copies) of enabled forms that have been returned to you that you are allowed to extract data from.

Since enabling a document is a manual process in Acrobat that cannot be automated, it would take quite a bit of time to enable that many documents. This limitation is intentional.

3. The limitations on LiveCycle Reader Extensions depend on the license that you negotiate with Adobe, but it can allow for unlimited document enabling/use and can be automated.

• 5. Re: Adobe Acrobat License
                  Rabi@Mindfire

Thanks George . That helps , but need a little more help .

The Acrobat license agreement doesn't place any limit on the number of documents that you can enable and specifically allows you to distribute an enabled document to an unlimited number of recipients. If you do, there is a limitation on the number of instances (including hard copies) of enabled forms that have been returned to you that you are allowed to extract data from.

I want use around 150000 pdf . My operators (each operator would get 200 - 1000 pdfs) would fill in 150000 forms and send that back to me .

I'll use them to extract data and store it somewhere . What is the best license to do it ?

Thank you

Rabi

• 6. Re: Adobe Acrobat License
                    Test Screen Name MVP

The Acrobat license limit is 500 and this cannot be increased. LiveCycle Reader Extensions is the product. At one time the price and license were negotiated individually, but I think it is now standardised.