4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2012 1:53 PM by Chris W. Griffith RSS

swf for Mac and PC

Grispel

Hi im trying to do a comercial presentation for my company, so I used Catalyst (Mac platform) , but I realized that the most of my clients use a PC. There's a way to run this for both platforms? Thanks!

• 1. Re: swf for Mac and PC
          Chris W. Griffith CommunityMVP

Your presentation will be a swf file. That is viewable on both Macs and PCs in a browser. If publish as an AIR application, that runtime also works on a PC. You will need to have that installed on the computer. It is free.

Hope this helps and the presentation goes well.

Chris Griffith

• 2. Re: swf for Mac and PC
            Grispel Community Member

Thanks Chris, I solved that problem, but I have a new one I was about to publish to SWF/AIR and it pop a  window telling me something about a code error. I went to the code panel to find what the problem was but... I don't understand, it says: 1120: Access of undefined property graphic41. resource: Main.mxml Path: Project/src, Type: Flex problem. I assumed "Graphic41" most be in my library but there isn´t. What can it be??  I finished my presentation so I reeeally need your help.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: swf for Mac and PC
              Grispel Community Member

Hi again, somehow I solved the code errors, not in the best way because I had to delete transitions, anyway it worked. A new problem!!! I run the presentation on a PC and a button typography changed, so back to Catalyst I decided to edit the button in Illustrator, it shows the up, over, down disabled layers, the problem is that the graphics contained in the up layers seemed to be visible but the graphic isn´t appearing I made same changes to other buttons and it worked, I don´t understand what´s causing the problem on this specific button. Im about to start all over again! I will apreciate your help.

Gris

• 4. Re: swf for Mac and PC
                Chris W. Griffith CommunityMVP

I would delete that button and rebuild it.

Chris