• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update and Download Problem

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a message telling me to update my Adobe Flash player, so I tried doing that. Got a message that the update needed to close, so apparently it didn't finish updating.(can't remember the message exactly since I didn't know it was going to lead to this problem). Then I found I could not open my email or other sites requiring Adobe Flash Player. It appeared that Adobe had been removed all together.

I tried downloading Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.268. It starts downloading but in the end gives me an error message saying: "Host Unable to Load Application Configuration". I use Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8. I tried saving Adobe Flash Player to my computer before trying to run it but it won't run when I try to open it...I just get the same Host message.

I tried using System Restore to restore my settings to a date 6 days ago, but after the process completed, I got a message that the process was "incomplete because there had not been any changes to my computer"! Well, there have been changes since I used to have Adobe Flash Player and now I don't, and I can't install and run it, meaning I can't open my email or other sites that require it. Please help me fix this. I'm not a computer wizard. Would appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2012 Jul 27, 2012

Could you try downloading and installing the appropriate stand alone installer that you can find here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try downloading and installing the appropriate stand alone installer that you can find here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Chris.

Could you please direct me to which item on that page I would need to click on? There are alot of topics on that page and I didn't see anything called a stand alone installer, but like I said, I don't know alot about computers.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

I have finally gotten Flash Player installed and working again.

I was on a site that required it, and a disabled pop-up said to click on it if I wanted to allow it to install, so I clicked and it finally installed successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines