Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RichMediaExecute Action Issue

Apr 23, 2010 Apr 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help?

Okay, here's the workflow:

1) Mac, Snow Leopard, CS4:  InDesign creation of an ebook, then ported to Acrobat 9 where several .swf files are added. In the Mac, everything is beautiful, running fine, perfectly.

2) HP Desktop (brand new - just last week), Windows 7 (brand new from the factory, pre-loaded), Acrobat 9.3 (I think it was - brand new fresh download from adobe.com), Flash Player (brand new fresh download from adobe.com today).  Tried to read the above created .pdf ebook with multimedia .swfs and every page that has a .swf generates the following message:  "The plug-in required by this 'RichMediaExecute' action is not available. Information about the missing plug-in may be available on Adobe's Web site."

Question - is this part of the "emergency" update Adobe had to release to counter the recent scripting/virus? If so, has Adobe just put me out of the ebook business?

Or... is this unrelated and can someone give me any idea what this is all about?  I cannot find anything through Google - just random mentions of related messages.

Help?

Sage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2010 Apr 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two different methods for including swf files in a pdf, the legacy method and the newer method which does not require the flash player at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many sorry Michael, can you remember the 2 solution to include swf files in a pdf?

The newer not require the flash player at all because the flash player is included in acrobat (reader and pro?).

Can you confirm?

(I use presenter script from indesign to place swf - is this solution correct?)

Many thanks.

f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines