When you created the tint of the Pantone color did you make that a swatch? Or did you just leave it as it was?
If you did then they should remain, but if you just changed the tint but did not save it as a swatch then the pms color is not longer being used since it is a specific tint. At least that is how it seems to be working.
I have to agree with you that you are still using the PMS color and it shoulld remain without the necessity of making a swatch, even if making a swatch of each tint is a good idea.
I would say it is a bug and should be reported as such. You cn do that here:
I've tried both before submitting the post here, but neither worked sadly..
So as you suggested I have submitted a bug report on this matter.
Thank you Wade for your input and information.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the next update
Actually the first time I tried it I thought making the tint as new swatches work but when I tried it again and selected unused swatches that part worked but when I deleted the selected swatches it deleted all the swatches except balck and white?
This is a terrible bug. Actualy the whole color thing seems broken I do not know who tested this but it appears no one bothered to test it at all.
I find if I now select a tint percentage of a spot color and then select another spot clolor for another object the swatch of the next spot color is set to the same tint value?
I don't know how this got past anyone. But a point release has to be put up real quick.
It is great that you pointed this out.
I myself seldom use spot colors. I never would have seen it. I usually am pretty sure which color I want.
I think a lot of people who use spot colors las you do will find impossible to use Illustrator CS 6 for this reason.
Hello! For everyone that even after doing all of the suggestions we could find online, I finally figured it out
If you have FontExplorer Pro installed, then the plugins are the ones at fault. They released an update (that I still haven't been able to install since it gives me an error when doing so) but this are the listed bugs that were fixed:
Plugin Version for Illustrator CS 5, 5.1 and CS6
- Color swatches are now correctly displayed and no longer produce an empty window.
- Fixed a problem which prevented linked files from being shown or placed in an Illustrator document.
- Resolved an issue which sporadically caused Illustrator to crash during font activation Font activation did not occur when document names contained an umlaut character (Ä Ö Ü)
Hope this sheds some light on this frustrating issue! I tweeted Linotype (@Linotype_com) so if anyone wants to follow them or myself @iKitty I'll be RT their answer or update when I am successful updating them.
So in the meantime, just disable the plugins and everything should be ok.