• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

install adobe creative cloud on my Mac and PC?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i install adobe apps from creative cloud on my Mac AND PC - if they are on the same machine?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Yes you can install on both the Mac and the PC. Just know you are allowed 2 activations of your Adobe applications and this will use both of them.

Cheers,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can install on both the Mac and the PC. Just know you are allowed 2 activations of your Adobe applications and this will use both of them.

Cheers,

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that also work with virtual machines, per the question here?

If yes, then I suppose the EULA is really saying one activation per operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same goes for virtual machines. Thank you for helping clarify, John!

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - one last one for my part. If i activate on a system - and wipe the system - i can re-activate on a newly installed system? Seems like astupid quesiton and I would think so - but being a developer i have learned there are no stupid questions .

Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure you deactivate your applications on that system before you wipe it.

You can do this by opening any of the applications and choosing Help > Deactivate. This will ensure that you free up one of your activations and can activate on your new system.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I have Adobe software on a computer that is stolen or damaged and I am not able to deactivate it? Would Adobe support be able to help me free up an activation to use on a new machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they should be able to do that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael -

I run Windows 8 on Parallels on a mac. All adobe programs run great on my mac. As soon as I install creative cloud on windows 8 it gives an error message when I go to the apps tab in the creative cloud interface. It says 'download error please contact customer support'

Any idea what I do wrong?

Thanks,

Bart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this same error 'Download error - Please contact support"

But support didnt help me. At lease the Chat support person didnt. He told me "Adobe does not support running CC on a VM".

I told him that was not true and its been working over a year.

So, now i have to figure out why im getting this error.

I have tired to rename the OOBE folder, and run the program as admin, but none of those help.

Does anyone have any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense, but why in the world would you want to run CC on a virtual machine? Especially when you're running that virtual machine on a computer that's MORE than capable of running CC. You do know that running virtually doesn't take advantage of all your horsepower?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr Hitz

I understand your statement, but let me run down my enviroment.

I am on a 12core Mac Pro with 32Gigs of Ram. I do a lot of Mac stuff here at my Office. I am also the Lead SharePoint Esclation Engineer. In SharePoint, they have a new thing called Design Manager that lets you basiclly edit your SharePoint pages using HTML. All you do is map a drive from SharePoint to your machine, then open up DreamWeaver and i can edit the SharePoint site with DreamWaver.

As you cannot map a network drive on a Mac, i use one of my 4 VMs(all running at the same time), to work on SharePoint design stuff. I need to be able to open up DreamWeaver on my Windows VM so i can customize SharePoint.

That is why...Does that make sense to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution for VMs? Just need it for Acrobat Distiller.

Message was edited by: Florian Garhammer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about windows and mac? Can i use in one account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@singgi251244980kxi 

yes.  you can install the cc desktop app from here https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud on as many computers as you own and use it to install all (or some, if you want) of your cc subscription programs. the only (insignificant for internet connected computers) limitation is that you can sign-in (and therefore start your adobe programs) on, at most, two computers at any one time.  

because you can sign out from either (or both) signed-in computers using a 3rd computer, this could not (imo) be easier.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-apps-number-of-computers.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines