• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the site keep downloading the 32bit version of flash player when I'm running a 64bit system

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, I'm currently running Windows 7 64bit. I've downloaded flash player from 4 different browsers, and they all download the 32bit version of flash player; I used Firefox, Chrome, IE 32bit, IE 64bit. Is this working as intended, or am I missing something here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums,

Beginning with Flash Player 11.3, the universal 32-bit installer will include the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Flash Player.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than why does it continue to install the 32bit version of Flash? I installed several different version. I went to control panel > searched flash and it states its 32bit version. The installer didn't even give an option to install the 64bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you install Flash Player on a 64bit OS, it install both the version of Flash Player (32-bit & 64-bit)

I just tested this 5 minutes ago.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you can explain to me why it only shows 32bit in this screen shot? I've just tested this for the past 5 hours.

32bit.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It will show Flash Player 32-bit on Control Panel, same on my computer.

If you check C:\Windows\system32\Macromed folder, you will find multiple files in "Flash" folder (Confirmation that 32-bit Flash Player is installed)

Also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed Folder,  you will find multiple files in "Flash" folder (Confirmation that 64-bit Flash Player is installed)

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VikramGaur wrote:

If you check C:\Windows\system32\Macromed folder, you will find multiple files in "Flash" folder (Confirmation that 32-bit Flash Player is installed)

Also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed Folder,  you will find multiple files in "Flash" folder (Confirmation that 64-bit Flash Player is installed)

Sorry, that is not quite correct; see below...

If you check C:\Windows\system32\Macromed folder, you will find multiple files in "Flash" folder (Confirmation that 64-bit Flash Player is installed)

Also check C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed Folder,  you will find multiple files in "Flash" folder (Confirmation that 32-bit Flash Player is installed)

64-bit software is always installed in the system32 folder.

32-bit software is always installed in the syswow64 folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fact that the Control Panel applet is titled "32-bit" is quite irritating; please vote at https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3295974 to have this corrected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines