Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 and Characters

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

my question is about the characters that come as part of Presenter 8. I want to know where they are installed to because I want to take my own character photos and put them in the same folder. From digging around I'm fairly certain that the character file formats are PNG but I can't locate them on my hard drive in the usual spots. Does anyone have any ideas where they may be? BTW, my system is Win7 64 bit if that's any help.

Advice appreciated.

Carl

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Hello,

This is possible. Please go through this sample video which explains how to achieve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBysBGLxuE&feature=youtube_gdata

Let us know if you need any more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is possible. Please go through this sample video which explains how to achieve it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynBysBGLxuE&feature=youtube_gdata

Let us know if you need any more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed the instructions in the video and do not see the additional characters. Is there another step involved

This is my directory  structure. All I see from Presenter under the Casual section is Claire

dirStruct.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter loads the characters from Presenter Assets Character set.

Inside Presenter Assets->Characters,  there is a file named characters_localisation.xml.

You will need to edit it and make an entry inside it like this:

<category name="xtras">

<lang name="en_GB">xtras</lang>

<lang name="en_US">xtras</lang>

</category>

You may add other language names if you are using any other locale. Sample is present in the characters_localisation.xml.

Make sure that the folder you create is also named xtras.

After following the above steps, you will see the category xtras in the drop down menu.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Alpi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have created a document that shows step by step instructions from the editing of the XML file to the creation of the Image and Thumbnail directories to getting the Face to show in the character chooser. I don't see an option to attach a PDF to the forum but if anyone is interested, the can email me at dale.vanblokland@austinenergy.com and I will be happy to share.

charaterAdd.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources