• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 10 and Ebay Web Service WSDL

Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

we recently upgraded from Coldfusion 8 to Coldfusion 10 and we found a business-stopping bug:

In Coldfusion 10 Administrator console go to DATA & SERVICES -> Web Services.

There add a web-service with WSDL link http://developer.ebay.com/webservices/latest/ebaySvc.wsdl

Other input values have no affect in this issue.

You will then receive a Coldfusion error:

Template: /CFIDE/Administrator/extensions/webservices.cfm

Diagnostics: javax.wsdl.Operation.getExtensionAttributes()Ljava/util/Map; null

The error occurred on line 141.

Same error if you try to instantiate an ebay web service object with given WSDL from inside the cfscript.

This is a serious show stopper since ebay API no longer work with Coldfusion 10 and we were forced to rollback to Coldfusion 8.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

P.S. other non-ebay WSDLs seem to add fine to CF10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Adam, Consumption of the web service will also be impacted. The version decides which framework is used for generating the client side stubs.

DmitriD, could you please post the code used for testing. Where did you try to set the version? For consuming you should set the version in CFInvoke or CreateObject(). If you change the server level wsversion, it is used while publishing only.

<cfscript>

ws = createObject("webservice","http://developer.ebay.com/webservices/latest/ebaySvc.wsdl", {ws

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF10 is upgraded to new Axis2 engine and it is used by default. Would that be cuasing an issue?

There is a setting in admin where you can change the webservice enginer version to 1. Can you try and check if it helps resolve the issue for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hemant, I can understand that CF using Axis2 vs whatever CF9 used (Axis1, I guess?) would impact how CF publishes its own web services, but this shouldn't impact calling third party web services, surely?  How does that make sense?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam, Consumption of the web service will also be impacted. The version decides which framework is used for generating the client side stubs.

DmitriD, could you please post the code used for testing. Where did you try to set the version? For consuming you should set the version in CFInvoke or CreateObject(). If you change the server level wsversion, it is used while publishing only.

<cfscript>

ws = createObject("webservice","http://developer.ebay.com/webservices/latest/ebaySvc.wsdl", {wsversion="1"});

WriteDump(ws);

</cfscript>

I tried the above code and it is working fine for me. Please check and let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked Paul!

But how did you thought of that? I mean there's nothing said about wsversion in CreateObject tag (checked CF9 reference since there is no CreateObject reference for CF10 yet):

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-6978.html

or in WSDL2Java Reference:

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#WSDL2JavaReference

I would never thought of that myself

Thank you very much Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Hemant.

tried changing versions but as Adam said below - it has no affect on the issue (tried restarting CF with webservice engine version 1 or 2). No effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation