• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can we have Topic tittle and File name different?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we have Topic tittle and File name different? I am new to Robohelp i want to have the topic tittle in TOC and File name diffferent.

Example Topic tittle: Testing

File name: Testing for adobe

Do we have any option to do this? Because in General tab it we type the Topic tittle it automatically takes the same for File name.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you type in the topic title, RoboHelp automatically enters the same string in the filename field.

All you have to do is click in the filename field and change it.

Note, when creating a topic, if you then go back and change the title, RoboHelp will use that as the default again but you can edit again.

Thereafter, when you make changes they are independent.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that helped. But how can we change file names for existing topic tittle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the topic and select Topic Properties. You will see the screen you have shown and you can edit either the title or the filename or both. Is that what you are asking?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that is not i was asking. I already have a project and i have to change only the file names of the project but not the existing Topic tittle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the topic filenames that you want to change? If so as above you can change just the filename via topic properties. There are other ways but that is as good as any. When you do that, the topic title will not change.

If that is not what you want to change, please show us what you do want to change.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could be wrong here - if I am please do as Peter suggests - but I think sathishkumarnadu is just trying to rename the RoboHelp project. If so, use the File > Rename menu item.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered that but the screenshot is for a file name and that is what is talked about. Waiting for clarification.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ RoboColum(n) i want to change HTML file names with existing topic tittle only. Not the project name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what I have told you how to do. Do you maybe mean the Topic Heading shown at the top of each topic? If so, that defaults from the Topic Title but can be changed to anything else.

If we still have not understood you, please show us what you want with an image.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get the answer myself. We can attach the new renamed file with the same topic tittle when we navigate from properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone explain this to me?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a shot in the dark here.

Maybe what was happening was that the Project Manager wasn't being updated until they navigated out of Topic Properties?

Valiant effort my friend... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am baffled. I thought Peter asked the question that was answered and did so more than once. If I misunderstood, it's because the screen shot shown was a hindrance rather than a help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

No, sathishkumarnadu asked the initial question as well as supplying a screen capture. Then Peter answered.

Perhaps it has something to do with your configuration of the forums display? I believe there are a few options that may govern the way things appear if you are looking at this using the web interface.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp