• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with this Warning

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp HTML v9.  I generated printed documentation.  During the process, I received this warning in the Output View:

Warning:  The Word Document became corrupt when attempting to append a malformed topic:  'Appendix\Appendix_F_Record_Retention.htm'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again without the 'Appendix\Appendix_F_Record_Retention.htm' topic. If it generates OK, the issue is with that topic. From there it will be proccess of trying to eliminate what is wrong with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Printed Documentation on my site for information about "malformed topics".

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I looked here before posting the message but didn’t find what I was looking for. I looked again after receiving your email and found it. I tried all except putting the project on a more powerful machine; I don’t have access to one. None of them worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step then is to locate the topic. I seem to recall it is not the topic that is reported but the one after.

First make a couple of copies of your project and make sure the original is safe, zip a copy so that you cannot open it accidentally.

In one copy, delete from the layout the topics around the one reported.

If that fails to locate the problem, delete half the topics.

If that fails goes to another copy and delete the half you left in before.

Post back when you have tried that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears the 19 topics I added is the issue. I deleted them from the TOC/Chapter layout and the project published without the warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp