• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CS6 keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so frustrated. I can't bill my client for crashing time lost.

I'm using CS6 on a Mac Pro running 10.7.4.

I'm building a PHP site, but right now, all I'm doing is filling in the content on the home page. I do not understand what I'm doing to make it crash.

I am using a plugin for Project VII - their Column Composer script, their Menu Magic plugin, and their Image Rotator plugin. These use JavaScript. And some JS for a donation button.

I haven't set up a dynamic server. I'm just uploading it to my test server. I'm not getting an error message. My application window just disappears and the app closes itself.

As I said, all I'm doing is entering content. Copy and paste some text from a Word file, refresh the properties panel so I can assign it a header tag, and crash. Crash. CRASH! Heck, I can hand code all this - I'm proficient in CSS, but then I might as well get BBEdit.

Let's just say I'm saving VERY OFTEN!

Can anyone help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing the DW CS6 12.0.1 updater?

http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html#dwcs612712

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Adobe was automatically updating my software, since it's a subscription. Why wouldn't they notify me that this needs to be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't answer you, I'm sorry.

All I know is that an updater was just released so try installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may or may not have some bearing:

http://www.pviiforums.com/topic.php?id=1308

--

Al Sparber - PVII

http://www.projectseven.com

The Finest Dreamweaver Menus | Galleries | Widgets

Since 1998

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm on a Mac, I don't have the files indicated in your series of posts on your forum. I'm at a loss. Thank you, though. I haven't had a chance to play with DW since I did the update.

I am unable to update the Extension manager, which is stuck at 6.0.0.412. I've even done the manual update, and got nowhere. Sigh. Short of doing a manual uninstall and reinstall of Extension Manager (I'm pretty proficient at those), I'm not sure if there's some sort of uninstaller for Adobe so I can uninstall EM and reinstall it.

I'm going to see if I can contact Adobe customer support and see what's what. That would probably be under your suggestion of raising "bloody hell."

I do see under - wait for it - ~user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CS6/Mxi Flag/Dreamweaver CS6/p7_hgs.mxi - what is that file? I only have 3 of your plugins - CCM, MM, and IRG

Theresa Jennings

MindSqueezeCreative

mindsqueezecreative.com

facebook.com/MindSqueezeCreative

Twitter: @mindsqueezeweb

909.799.7405 • Fax 888.676.7640

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders are the same - and the cache file on a Mac starts with

"MacFileCache"

Looks like you got it working, though, and that's the important thing.

--

Al Sparber - PVII

http://www.projectseven.com

The Finest Dreamweaver Menus | Galleries | Widgets

Since 1998

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After jumping through some hoops, I was able to get Extension Manager updated. Sheez.

I will be working with DW tomorrow, so we'll see if the crashing issues have been resolved. Today has been a nightmare, and this non-profit client, who I'm building this crashing site for pro bono (kind of a church thing), was short with me today and did not return my phone call. Uggghhh.

I'm going to go watch TV and try to forget about this day. BTW, you don't look anything like I imagined you would (looking at your profile pic on the P7 forums). For some reason, I thought you were blond, or gray. LOL!!

Theresa Jennings

MindSqueezeCreative

909.799.7405 • Fax 888.676.7640

mindsqueezecreative.com

facebook.com/MindSqueezeCreative

Twitter: @mindsqueezeweb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, salt and pepper with a bit more pepper I guess

--

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was not paying enough attention and thought I was communicating with you directly, Al. I can't edit out my signature. Sorry to the powers that be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2012 Aug 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I updated DW and Extension Manager last night, and I went to style some text from the properties panel (again), and did a refresh, which didn't take, then did a refresh again, and Dreamweaver CRASHED!

It looks like hitting "Refresh" is what's doing it. I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you please submit the Crash Report and also if you can mail me the Crash Report at yprasad_@_adobe_._com, we can check on what might be causing the crash.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where the crash report is, and that doesn't look like a legit email address, especially with you only having 18 posts. It seems to be being caused by using "Refresh" in the proeperties panel. As long as I don't click that (and I hand code), it stays stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry.  He has used underscores to 'obfuscate' the domain.  Just remove them....

For crash reports, read this -

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshooting-dreamweaver-windows.html#main_backgroundInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac. This article is about Windows. Thank you, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good address, they do that to avoid spam bots harvesting their email address, just leave out the underscores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And he only has 18 posts, which makes me wonder if he's really with the DW team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trixiesirisheyes wrote:

And he only has 18 posts, which makes me wonder if he's really with the DW team.

The [STAFF] icon is a dead giveaway. This is a user to user forum, so you don't see the actual Adobe Staffers in here very often. It's legit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've cleaned my caches/logs/etc. since it happened, anyway. No reports will be there. And I've updated DW6 and Extension Manager. But as I said, almost every time I hit "Refresh" in the properties panel, the program crashes. I hand code my XHTML and CSS anyway, so it's not a huge deal, but I was going to try more features of DW. I'm on a Mac Pro running 10.7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time DW crashes it writes a new crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used refresh since the last time it crashed and I cleaned my caches/logs. I have just been hand-coding. Since it was obvious that was causing the crash....I suppose I could try it again so I can generate a crash report. Not sure where I'd find it on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my link into the DW help files.  And if you want to help Adobe help you, send them a crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is for Troubleshooting on Windows. I looked at the whole page and found no mention of Mac, which is the system that I'm on. I mentioned this in my initial post. I did Google "Mac Dreamweaver CS6 crash report" and found nothing on the first page of results on how to find it. I'll try to dig into it later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My email address yprasad_@adobe_._com is legit , i just included underscores to avoid spam bots picking up the email address.

You can find Crash logs on Mac in the following path: /Users/<UserHomeDir>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

If the folder is empty, please rerun the scenario where the crash is occurring and when the Crash occurs, a .crash file will be created in the above path.

Regards,

Yalpi Shiva Prasad

Adobe Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running DW CS6 on Mac (OS upgraded to ML) and regularly get crashes happening. Pages I am working on contain PHP. Fortunately I am saving regularly as I am testing each iteration on a remote server so I save before syncing.

Development is being done in Split View with code on left and design view on right. I have not detected any real pattern to the crashes apart from them being quite often (3 times in one 2 hour sitting). For each crash I am submitting the crash report.

I am assuming that the software is staying up to date. Adobe Updater has regularly been telling me abouot and installing updates. Cannot recall seeing any recent DW update though.

The sooner this is fixed the better. It is really quite annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines