• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install a previous version of Flash Player

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2010 Dec 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to restore a prior version of Flash Player. I found the web site that has the archived versions of Flash Player but I don't know what to do after I download the archive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically you uninstall the currently installed Flash Player, then extract the version you want from the archive and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't undersand. After I extract the files, how do I install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you need to supply more information

- what is your operating system & version?

- what is your web browser & version?

- what is the file name of the archive you downloaded?

P.S. and what is the Flash Player version you want to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2010 Dec 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 64 bit

IE 8.0.7600.16385

I downloaded archive FTP10.1_archive. It appears that the archive I downloaded may have two releases in it:

10_1r82_76

10_1r53_64

Since I don't know what version I had before the problems started, I want to work my way backwards through the archives until I find one that works with the video I am having an issue with, so I am starting with 10_1r82_76. If that doesn't work, I want to uninstall and try 10_1r53_64. If that doesn't work I want to download and install the version(s) labeled Flash Player 10. If that doesn't work, the version(s) labeled Flash Player 9.0.280 and higher, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it would be easier if you just did a System Restore to a point before you did the upgrade.

If that is not an option, to install 10.1.82.76 run flashplayer10_1r82_76_winax.exe (ActiveX for Internet Explorer) or flashplayer10_1r82_76_win.exe (plugin for other browsers).  Don't forget to uninstall the current Flash Player before attempting to install an older one.

However, maybe the problems with your current Flash Player can be fixed without going through all these troubles; what exactly are you experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problems I am having are posted in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/769651?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see; that is a rather strange problem - I have no idea how to resolve that.

What I would do if I were you; rather than going back to an older Flash Player version, I would try a newer one. Flash Player 10.2 (beta) is available from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

But if you want to go back to your previous FP version, the easiest way is to do a System Restore, as suggested in my earlier reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat i`ve just tried that but it kept telling me to go for 11 as its the latest can you help me please.while i`m on the subject of adobe 10 i once had it and it was better for

playing games then somehow got upgraded to adobe 11.Here hopefully Brian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic is almost 2 years old; please start a new topic and provide all relevant information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines