• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix InstallAX.exe not marked for installation?

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using GPO to deploy Flash through MSI. I had a PC where flash was not installed correctly so I went to do a manual install. After using the uninstall flash utility I went to install it again but I get an error that says "InstallAX.exe not marked for installation". Other times I have been able to fix it by installing a previous version and then installing the one that is up to date but this time it did not work. I have no issues installing it through the exe file but since future versions are going to be installed with the MSI file, I need to get this resolved now.

What can I do to get rid of that error?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect we're dealing with a GUID that has been left behind by our uninstaller.  Take a look at this blog post and try searching your registry for the "Adobe Flash" entry.  If you find GUIDs remaining behind, please let me know which ones you find so I can get this taken care of.

http://www.eversity.nl/blog/2012/05/adobe-flash-player-install-error-2753-the-file-installax64-exe-i...

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines