• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do short video clips take forever to load?

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With apologies for coming to you good folks with an issue than any twit should already know how to solve . . .

I was thrilled when your excellent instructions helped me load flash player successfully.  I was able to preview quite a few video clips to show my Fine Arts Survey class.  Then just yesterday everything slowed down to slower than a snail's pace.  Even the shortest video clips at youtube are taking forever.  Can you give me some leads on things to check?  Does something build up with every new video clip watched?  I do a huge amount of browsing (internet explorer) and searching (ixquick), but it is a necessary evil for engaging teens in a survey course. 

I do see tiny pop-ups that ask if Adobe can save something on my computer.  Am I an idiot? 

Any leads or links you may be able to share will be appreciated,

jmw

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you mention Internet Explorer, I assume that you are on Windows.

Do you sometimes clear your browser cache?  (Tools | Internet Options | tab General | Delete browsing history)

Do you sometimes clear Flash Player local storage?  (Control Panel | Flash Player Settings Manager | tab Storage | Delete all)

Does enable/disable Hardware Acceleration make any difference?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/891337)

Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?  (See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765)

Finally, is your Internet connection stable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines