5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2012 12:21 AM by dmispr RSS

Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager

RashC

Hello. I've got a fleet of Windows 7 PCs running Reader X. I deploy software updates via Config Manager, and import the Adobe updates via SCUP. All my Windows 7 PCs are currently running version 10.1.1, however none of them are picking up Reader 10.1.3. The update just isn't being flagged as required... any ideas?

By the way, I did look at update path and nothing jumped out at me from there

• 1. Re: Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager
          brogers_1 Adobe Employee

Did you get 10.1.2 along the way?

Ben

• 2. Re: Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager
            RashC

Hello Ben, thanks for the reply.

I did have 10.1.2 offered, however the PCs did not respond to this either. Is 10.1.2 a requried upgrade step, as in do I need to have offered:

10.0.0 (base install)

...to:

...to:

...to:

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager
              brogers_1 Adobe Employee

No, it's not required, but neither is 10.1.3. Please post all the relevant info:

• Are you adhering to sys reqs (incl. SCCM reqs from the admin guide)?
              • Are there any errors?
              • Describe exact steps.
              • Post any screenshot you think is pertinent.

Thanks,

Ben

• 4. Re: Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager
                RashC

Hello again, sorry the tardy reply.

SCCM reqs - yes. Pretty standard setup. Flash updates roll out without any issues.

No errors - nothing happens.

Exact steps:

Receive SCUP alert

Import Adobe updates

Publish Updates

Synch SCCM Software Updates

Deploy Adobe updates (as I siad, Flash updates are fine, so I don't see this as a SCUP problem).

That said, I deleted the Adobe updates from Config Manager, and then redeployed them as part of the standard monthly release. This time I received around 2100 installs and 3200 not required (this is about right for Adobe X), whereas before I was getting double figures for installs and mostly Not Required.

Perhaps I had received a bad update, or maybe something went wrong with the SCUP to SCCM import/packaging.

Anyway, all sorted... thank you for the response.

• 5. Re: Adobe Reader software updates delivered via Config Manager
                  dmispr

Hi RashC,

I think I have a similar problem: SCCM 2007R3 and SCUP 2011 plus Windows 7 clients.

Flash and Windows updates roll out without any problems, but Adobe Reader X and Acrobat X updates is marked as "not required".

The Win7 clients have Reader X 10.1.2 installed from the OSD task sequence, but it doesnt get updated to neither 10.1.3 nor 10.1.4.

I have imorted the updates from Adobe in SCUP, published Reader X 10.1.[3-4] updates with full content, run Sync in SCCM, deployed Reader update - just as I do with Flash.

Therefore I am curios about what you mean by "deleted the Adobe updates from Config Manager" and then got it to work - what exactly did you do?

Thanks a lot in advance.