• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spark is overriding MX tab order... Probably something simple.

Enthusiast ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a large project with some legacy code which is therefore using a mish-mash of spark and mx components.

This is fine for the most part, they work side by side with only a few niggles like remembering the difference between removeChild and removeElement etc.

BUT...

I have a complex, dynamically generated form that I should be able to tab between fields of built in mx and _EVERY_ time I tab, no matter what I do, it takes me _OUT_ of the complex generated form and plonks me in the first Spark control it finds - generally the home button at top left.

This, I hasten to add, is really not a good user experience!

I've tried all the obvious things (tab enabling, tab index etc) but Spark just seems to override it all, as if to say "why would that dirty _old_ mx component want focus? it wouldn't even know what to do with it?"

So, please, does anybody have any useful pointers on integrating mx components into the tab focus hierarchy?

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

hasFocusableChildren=true...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did a little test and not seeing the out of order tab behavior. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with your container hierarchy.

Here's some sample code that worked for me using AIR and the Flash Player:

<pre class="jive_text_macro jive_macro_code" jivemacro="code" ___default_attr="html"><p><mx:Button label="mx Btn Start" y="0" />
<s:VGroup y="30">
<s:Button label="Spark Btn 1" />
<s:Button label="Spark Btn 2" />
<mx:Canvas>
<mx:TextInput y="10" text="mx TI 1" />
<mx:TextInput y="38" text="mx TI 2" />
<mx:Button label="mx Btn Submit" y="64" />
</mx:Canvas>
<s:TextInput prompt="Spark TI 1"/>
</s:VGroup> </p></pre>

Good luck!

b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. that code insert is heinous!

Screen Shot 2012-07-17 at 12.19.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brandon,

It could well do, but the hierarchy is _also_ dynamic!

What I am seeing is not so much "out of order" (it goes correctly across and down etc) but that it simply ignores the focused VBox container and its children so that it jumps out of the focused clip to the first Spark control it finds (which happens to be at top left).

I have some MX controls within a spark control that _are_ recognised, but the dialog box I have in the centre of the screen is utterly ignored.

G

ps: Structure would be something like this:

Application

HGroup

HGroup // Spark controls that always get focus if I tab from within MX controls marked with

HGroup // Spark controls that also get focus

HGroup // Spark controls that also get focus

DividedHBox

VGroup // Spark controls that also get focus

Group

Canvas

Canvas

VBox // MX controls that don't get focus under any circumstance

pps: By "get focus" I mean "get focus when tab key is pressed" - they are focused by clicking on them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hasFocusableChildren=true...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines