Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X Pro crashes after update to 10.1.2

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm working on a Mac Pro (Quad-Core Intel Xeon) Mac OS X 10.5.8 and i use Adobe CS5.5.

Everything works fine untill a few minutes ago.

I've just installed the latest  recommended update of Acrobat X Pro 10.1.2 and the result is a crash. Acrobat won't start again but keeps crashing.

I already did an uninstall of Acrobat, a re-install and recommended update with the same result.

Solution?!

Pascal Lesage

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Good news for me: after some long taking conversation with Linotype I found my real culprit: it was an activated font (Charter TrueType font), that let Acrobat crash. After removing it, all runs well.

Interesting at it is for me, that I had the font a long time before in use and all prior versions of Acrobat had no problems with it. Also all other CS Suite 5.5 Programms had no problem.

So it could be an option, to temporarily disable all fonts exept the Standard fonts, to see, whether this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a 64bit Windows 7 machine and Acrobat X Pro keeps crashing on me immediately after the 10.1.2 update and reboot.  Luckily it does restart every time, but locks up and crashes when I close a file...usually.  Haven't found a solution yet, expecting a patch of some sort soon.  Yay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two copies of Acrobat 10 Pro installed on 2 desktops and one laptop.  All worked fine until the after installing the most recent update.  Now none will start.  Two are on win7 Pro 32-bit and one is opn win7 Pro 64-bit.

The only solution was to uninstall and reinstall the original version, then refuse the update.

Is there a way to get 10.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as I thought, new Acrobat update today!  Ding, ding ding!

UPDATE: The Acrobat update didn't fix anything.  I'm gonna go bite my pillow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Acrobat X Pro on win 10 64 bit up to date  it crashes after about 30 seconds. Strange thing is that when i open the program and select edit/preferences and don't change anything and just select okay the program won't crash. Strange thing is i have been using it fine for a year until i now had to reformat and re-install windows etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue: Acrobat Pro for Mac 10.1.2 quits abruptly about 10 seconds after launch and Adobe Application Manager shows up for a brief moment in the dock when this occurs. We are on a MacBookPro with MacOS X 10.7 Lion.

Can I buy a clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 27, 2012 Jan 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure it out? I'm having the same problem with X on an iMac, Lion installed over Snow Leopard. I get the Application Manager as well, right after it crashes.

Interestingly, Acrobat X is not crashing on a new MBP with Lion installed at the factory. While it does hang up periodically, it can still be used.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2012 Feb 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on Lion: Acrobat X crashes constantly some seconds after startup.

For me the culprit was: FontExplorerXAutoload.app from FontExplorerX

After removing FontExplorerXAutoload.app from the startup items and login-logout, all runs well again with Acrobat X!

When activating FontExplorerXAutoload.app again, the error comes back.

The error appears with both versions of FontExplorerX: 2.5.2 and 3.1.1

Strangely, on another mac with the same configuration, all runs well.

I reported this to Linotype today and wait for an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news for me: after some long taking conversation with Linotype I found my real culprit: it was an activated font (Charter TrueType font), that let Acrobat crash. After removing it, all runs well.

Interesting at it is for me, that I had the font a long time before in use and all prior versions of Acrobat had no problems with it. Also all other CS Suite 5.5 Programms had no problem.

So it could be an option, to temporarily disable all fonts exept the Standard fonts, to see, whether this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they have an updated Opentype version. Many application of recent, are droping support for Postscript. Example MS Office 2011 when installed say they no longer support Postscript. only Mac TrueType, PC Truetype, and Open type are supported.  OpenType works with Postscript printers just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem - I open Acrobat and after a few seconds, the Adobe Application Manager icon comes up, then Acrobat closes and a seconed or two later, so does AAM. I don't use Acrobat very often, so I don't know how long it's been going on. My computer is a  MacBook Pro with OS X Lion, though it came with Snow Leopard from the factory. It doesn't have FontExplorer. I've got all Adobe updates so far. The computer also has Adobe CS 5.5 Design Premium and Production Premium, all of which are current on updates. No other Adobe products seem to be affected by this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve got the same problem, and the support from Adobe is absolutely shit. Can´t believe I´ve wasted 130$ on this piece of junk...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Lion, Adobe Acrobat X Pro crashes, but only when I use the search function.

I don't have FontExplorer installed or a font called Charter TrueType.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same in OSX, when opening a pdf document via Spotlight, about 50% of the time, Adobe Acrobat Pro starts, but then after a second of loading, it crashes with the text "Acrobat quit unexpectedly.". When opening the same document a second time, also via spotlight, it often just works.

I am using OSX 10.7.4

Adobe Acrobat Pro, v10.1.3

I think indeed that the crash problem started appearing after version 10.1.2.

Opening files directly in Adobe Acrobat itself works fine, doesn't give this error.

Is there a solution for this?

Message was edited by: wm0zart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution yet ?  I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro X a few days ago and it constantly crashes.

Unable to use it.

Even some PDF internet files will not open up now.

I have a MAC Air OS X Lion 10.4.7

Tried Adobe support and after 1 hour they could not solve the problem.

Tried to call again today, on hold for 35 minutes.

Called again, on hold for over 2 hours.

Still unable to contact them.

Unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I fixed the probelm.  Adobe had me go to [Mac Hd] / Library/Application/Support/adobe/ADobe PCD/Cache.  He had me drag the Cache file to my desktop.  Once I did that I deleted the Cache.db from the Cache folder.  I relaunched Adobe X Pro and then it asked me for the serial number and once I entered that, it has worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. I'll give it a try. Keep your fingers crossed ! I'll let you know if it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, sorry to say it did not work.

Calling Adobe again. Let's hope it's not another 2 hour wait again.

Thanks so much though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it – and it didn’t work.

I’m stuck using 10.0 because if I try to upgrade it will install but won’t start. Win 7 pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this procedure fixed my problem as well. Acrobat X 10.1.5 OSX 10.8.2. Same exact crashing problem within 6 seconds of launching application either directly or via a PDF document. I was also able to trash and delete the cache.db file that was dragged to the desktop and Acrobat still opened and worked normally.  Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the only solution that worked for me was to do a clean install of Lion. I backed everything up and took it to PeachMac...they did the clean install.

It was a MAJOR pain--I had to re-load everything [didn't want to back up possible problems from previous installs]. But it worked like a charm and my machine [a 4 year old iMac] is as fast as the day I got it! No problems with Acrobat or any other Adobe product, for that matter.

I also have am 8 month old MacBook Pro that came with Lion installed...I've never had a problem with Acrobat on that.

I know it's not an easy fix, but it worked for me. I know they say that Lion installs over Snow Leopard, but my iMac was a real slug before I did the clean install.

Of course, I'm not rushing to install Mountain Lion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating my Mac Book Air (Lion factory installed) to Mountain Lion tonight fixed all my crashing problems with Acrobat X Pro.  Disabling fonts, unistall - reinstall, nothing worked to fix it until I upgraded to Mountain Lion.

Just my experience,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this and it worked!!!

ANNOUNCEMENT: Please Read: Acrobat/CS6 Issue: Acrobat X no longer launches.

Issue:  Nothing happens when you launch Acrobat X 30 days after installing a CS6 suite. Solution: Re-activate Acrobat through another Suite product:

• Launch another CS6 application, such as Photoshop.
  • Choose Help > Deactivate.
  • Follow the onscreen prompts to deactivate.
  • Close the application.
  • Launch the same CS6 Suite product again.
  • Sign in with your Adobe ID associated with CS6 suite to re-activate.
  • Launch Acrobat X
  • To permanently resolve this issue, please update all of your CS6 applications via the Adobe Application Manager

Source: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days .html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a few days ago and had the same problem with my iMac running OSX 10.6.8.  Adobe had me delete the [mac HD] /Library/Application/Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/Cache file, then upgrade to 10.1.4.  It all works well now. 

I then had to plug in my serial number and user id. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello does anyone have an update file saved for acrobat X for windows. Because it is no longer supported, the link no longer works? Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines