1 2 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 6:30 PM by JJMack Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: Open Folder
        JJMack CommunityMVP

So your script looks like

var dir = Folder('Q:/Images');

var selectedFile = dir.openDlg("Select Image" , "Select:*.nef;*.cr2;*.crw;*.dcs;*.raf;*.arw;*.orf;*.dng;*.psd;*.tif;* .jpg;*.png;*.bmp");

if( selectedFile !=null ){open(File(selectedFile));}

Does the open directory dialog show? If so does it show an empty folder or show your client sub folders? If so do you have a file with one of the following extentions .nef, .cr2, .crw, *.dcs, .raf, .arw, .orf, .dng, .psd, .tif,  .jpg, .png or .bmp in there or in your client sub folders:

• 41. Re: Open Folder
          ocphotog Community Member

That's the script!

The open directory does show but its the Q: directory. In the box where you would type a filename or something else is the word   Images     .   I can click the OK button and it would take me to the Images folder, but that's an extra step.

Screenshot:

ImageScriptError.jpg

• 42. Re: Open Folder
            JJMack CommunityMVP

It must be your system. Are you sure you have a Images folder on the Q: disk.  I just created a Images folder on my G: disk and add two folders to it Client1 and Client2 changed the script to "G:/images" Here is what I see

TestImages.jpg

• 43. Re: Open Folder

It's really odd. I just created a new folder on my Q: drive called   Images2    and put a couple of folders in it.  I then duplicated the script replacing the folder to open from  Images  to  Images2.  The script works fine using   Images2,  but not when using   Images.     Not sure what's causing it but I appreciate your efforts to get it working. Guess I'll have to settle for clicking the OK button to go to that folder.

Thanks again!

Mark

• 44. Re: Open Folder

Solved it!  I had some shortcuts named Images, Images2, Images3 that were in the Q: folder. I guess the script didn't know which one to use so it stopped. They all went to the same Images folder.  I deleted those and now it works perfectly.

Thanks again!

• 45. Re: Open Folder
                  JJMack CommunityMVP

Yes a shortcut Link would take you to the linked folder

1 2 Previous Next