Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing English UK to English US

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I cry Uncle.

I accidentally installed the whole Design Premium Web etc. CS6 package as English European. So, for instance, instead of "color" it says "colour" in the menus. I reinstalled, only to find that I cannot override this.

Is there a way to fix this?

Second, do I get any support with this package? If so, how do I contact support to help me out on this? Blimey!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2012 Aug 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I did figure out how to do livechat about this, but after 15 minutes or so I was told I needed to call Adobe support for this. I was really hoping to find somebody who knows how to fix this mistake that is really easy for anybody to make -- the installation defaulted to English European.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2012 Aug 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also follow the steps listed in Order product | Platform, language swap - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-language-swap.html to request a different language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, here's the answer!

I finally got in touch with Adobe technical support by phone, since they couldn't help me on live chat. They told me to uninstall and reinstall to fix this. It would have been nice to simply change a setting instead, since it does take a good chunk of time to reinstall.

To uninstall on the Mac:

- Help>Deactivate (I used the Help menu in InDesign -- you only have to do it for one)

- Applications>Utilities>Adobe Installers>AdobeCS6 Design and Web Premium

- Uninstall all

Then I reinstalled using the disc. I noticed that during the reinstallation I couldn't see there are choices for types of English. The default is English (European), but I could only see the "English (...)" and I couldn't see that it was a pulldown menu and that the "English North American" was the second choice. It is the only thing special to do in the installation, yet I imagine there are others like me who are in the same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines